To encourage students to study in the USA, Wilkes University is providing the Jay Sidhu Scholarships for the academic year 2021-2022.
The scholarship will be presented to students with excellent academic merit of the previous degree. Students belonging to India or holding citizenship of India are eligible to avail this grant.
Nice chance for Indian students in the USA.
User Review( votes)
Wilkes University is a private university in Pennsylvania committed to a community that embraces diversity, social responsibility, and a global perspective that enhances the students’ preparation as leaders.
Why study at Wilkes University? At Wilkes University they provide exceptional educational experiences that transform students and develop innovations through scholarly activities that lead to national recognition and shape the world around them. It follows individualized attention, exceptional teaching, scholarship and academic excellence. Wilkes University nurtures individuals to understand and act on their abilities while challenging them to achieve great things.
Application Deadline: 15th June 2021
- University or Organization: Wilkes University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Up to $5,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Indian
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: India
- Eligible Course or Subjects: All undergraduate degree courses and subjects are eligible.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The student must be a citizen of India.
- The student must be the first time studying in the USA on an F-1 visa
- The student must hold a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- The student must be enrolled as a first-year student at Wilkes and reside on-campus.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students are required to enrol themselves with the university through either Wilkes University’s official portal or Common Application.
- The students can then apply to their desired courses by submitting the required documents.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to submit the following documents:
- Official high school transcripts
- Copy of passport page
- Official transcripts of other educational institutes attended.
- Admission Requirements: The students must have completed the following to secure a position In Wilkes University:
- Four years of English.
- Three years of mathematics.
- Two years of science (including a laboratory component)
- Three years of social studies.
- Language Requirement: The candidates are required to secure minimum scores required by the university in the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL Paper Based – 500
- TOEFL Computer-Based – 173
- TOEFL Internet-Based – 60
- IELTS – 5.5
- ELS Successful Completion – 112
- STEP EIKEN – 10
- PTE – 42
- GTEC – 1076
- WESLI Successful Completion – 700
The selected students will be provided with an amount ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 as scholarship money once their application is accepted by the university.