The Fukunaga Scholarship Foundation is providing the Fukunaga Undergraduate funding for the talented students in the US.
The Fukunaga Scholarship Foundation’s opportunities are awarded to encourage high school students in the State of Hawaii who intend to have a career in Business to pursue higher education at any accredited four-year college or university. Resident students already enrolled in college are also eligible.
A fine program for candidates.
User Review( votes)
- In order to be eligible to apply for an award from the Fukunaga Scholarship Foundation, students must have graduated from a public, private, or charter high school in Hawaii, or be on track to graduate at the end of the current academic year. Homeschooled students are also eligible.
- The applicant must impress fellow students, members of the faculty and members of the community as an individual deserving of an opportunity to begin or continue higher education and must have demonstrated personal attributes and the scholastic aptitude needed to achieve educational goals.
- The applicant must be interested in pursuing a career in Business and have participated in school activities and community service which demonstrate leadership and responsibility.
- The applicant’s class standing will be considered. A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 in his or her high school (and college, if applicable) career is required.
- The applicant must show a desire and the ability to further his or her education as a means of attaining and sustaining a career in Business within the Pacific Islands region. U.S. citizenship is required. Evidence of citizenship may be requested.
- The applicant must be a resident of the State of Hawaii and plan to eventually return to Hawaii or the Pacific Islands region and contribute to its growth and welfare.
- The applicant’s need for financial assistance will be considered based on financial resources available through financial aid and through his or her family’s assets and income.
- The studentships are awarded based on academic achievement, leadership qualities, a desire to attend college, special circumstances, financial need, and personal interviews.
How to Apply: You have to complete the online application form and financial aid application
Four-year opportunities are awarded to students just entering college in increments of $5,000 annually. Assuming that eligibility is maintained, a total of $20,000 will be awarded over four years.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2020