Applicants are invited to apply for Fulbright Foreign Language (Arabic) Teaching Assistant Fellowships funded by U.S. Government. These fellowships are available for Israeli applicants.
The purpose of the Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program is to strengthen the instruction of foreign languages at US colleges and universities.
User Review( votes)
The Fulbright Program, sponsored by the US government, plays a prominent role in the international education system.
Course Level: These fellowships are available to teach Arabic and in parallel take at least two US studies or teaching methodology classes per semester.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in the Arabic language.
Award: These fellowships will cover the followings:
- Tuition funding for coursework
- Monthly subsistence stipend
- Roundtrip transportation to and from the host campus
- Health insurance
- Participation in special Fulbright workshops and Fulbright Enrichment Seminars
- Pre-departure orientation
Number of Awards: Numbers of fellowships are not given.
The award can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be citizens of India. Persons applying for or holding permanent residence in the United States are not eligible. Fulbright fellows enter the U.S. on an exchange visitor (J-1) visa. Applicants must be residing in India throughout the application, nomination and selection process.
- Must clearly demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity and professionalism.
- Fluency in English is mandatory. A score of no less than 79-80 on the internet-based TOEFL is required. TOEFL scores are not required at the time of application. Candidates recommended by the selection committee will have to appear for the TOEFL in November 2019. USIEF will provide fee vouchers towards the TOEFL exam.
- Indian applicants must have at least a master’s degree by June 2020 with a good academic record. The master’s degree should be in fields such as English language, English/American Literature, American Studies, Linguistics, Comparative Literature and related areas.
- A young teacher of English at the college level or training to become a teacher of English, or is a young professional in a related field.
- Prior teaching experience is preferred.
Nationality: Israeli applicants can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have Bachelor’s degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have TOEFL/IELTS score report.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
- Completed application form including essays
- Official academic transcripts
- Official degree diploma/certificate of completion
- Three letters of recommendation submitted online by the referees
- Biodata page of Passport
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 16, 2019.