McGill University is proud to offer Masters and PhD Positions for students from all over the world. These positions are awarded in the Inclusiveness of Community-based Participatory Modelling for Environmental Management.
The aim of the positions is to develop pathways for the improved inclusion of traditional and Indigenous people’s viewpoints in the management of natural resources such as water resources.
A fine program for applicants.
User Review( votes)
McGill University is a public research university in Canada. McGill offers degrees and diplomas in over 300 fields of study, with the highest average admission requirements of any Canadian university.
- Course Level: Positions are available to pursue master and PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Positions are awarded in Inclusiveness of Community-based Participatory Modelling for Environmental Management
- Award: These positions will cover the followings:
- Funded Masters and Ph.D. Positions
- Travel aboard will be funded
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in Canada and Candidates’ field research will be conducted in Mayan Guatemala or Pakistan.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.6 or above for all university degrees (Bachelor, Master, etc.) is required.
- Experience in agricultural engineering, civil engineering, social sciences, water resources management, computer science or a closely related field
- Strong interest in community participation
- Proficiency and desire to improve skills in computing and Python for scientific programming and data management
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English is required; this should be supported by a valid English proficiency test certificate
- Within a reasonable amount of time after beginning your MSc or PhD degree, you must be able to speak a minimum of one language of the chosen study site and conduct group meetings and write reports in those languages;
- The applicant should have an ability to work both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary research team;
- Working knowledge of GIS software will be considered a plus.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible for these positions.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Candidates should email both Dr. Muhammad Baig and Mr. Julien Malard (muhammad.baig-at-mail.mcgill.ca and julien.malard-at-mail.mcgill.ca ) and provide the following:
- CGPA of all degrees taken
- a detailed CV, and information on how the candidate feels that they meet the requirements mentioned above.
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.6 or above for all university degrees (Bachelor, Master, etc.) are required.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants must have a very good knowledge of written and spoken English is required; this should be supported by a valid English proficiency test certificate
Application Deadline: Closed