Applicants are invited for Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships available to talented Indian faculty and researchers to strengthen their research capacities. These fellowships are awarded up to eight to twenty-four months.
These fellowships are designed for Indian faculty and researchers who are in the early stages of their research careers in India. Postdoctoral fellows will have access to some of the finest resources in their areas of interest and will help build long-term collaborative relationships with U.S. faculty and institutions.
Wonderful chance for aspirants
User Review( votes)
Fulbright Programme aims at achieving mutual understanding through academic and cultural exchange.
Applicants must have a PhD degree within the past four years.
- Application Deadline: July 15, 2019, 23:59:59 hrs (IST)
- Course Level: Postdoctoral Research Fellowships will provide opportunities to talented faculty and researchers to strengthen their research capacities.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the following fields only: Agricultural Sciences; Anthropology; Bioengineering; Computer Science (including, but not limited to, cybersecurity, digital economy, quantum computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data analytics); Economics; Education Policy and Planning; Energy Studies; History; International Law; International Security and Strategic Studies; Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications); Mathematical Sciences; Neurosciences; Performing Arts; Physical Sciences; Public Health; Public Policy; Sociology; Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis on smart cities and waste management); Visual Arts; and Women’s and Gender Studies.
- Award: These fellowships provide J-1 visa support, a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air travel from India to the U.S., a modest settling-in allowance, and a professional allowance. Subject to availability of funds, a dependent allowance and international travel may be provided for one accompanying eligible dependent provided the dependent is with the grantee in the U.S. for at least 80% of the grant period.
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Indian citizens
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Indian citizens can apply for these Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research fellowships.
- Note: In your application, the applicant is required to indicate the period in which s/he can complete your proposed project in the United States. The applicant must determine the grant duration carefully.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- How to Apply: All applications must be completed online.
- Entrance Requirements: In addition to General Prerequisites:
- the applicant must have a Ph.D. degree within the past four years. S/he must have obtained a Ph.D. degree between July 16, 2015, and July 15, 2019. The applicant is required to upload his/her Ph.D. degree certificate/provisional Ph.D. certificate in the online application;
- the applicant must be published in reputed journals and demonstrate evidence of superior academic and professional achievement. Please upload a recent significant publication (copy of the paper/article) in the online application; and
- If the applicant is employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding Letter of Support from Home Institution. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNPostdoc Letter of Support from Home Institution. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period. The applicant can download the FNPostdoc Letter of Support from Home Institution from the USIEF website.