To present international students with an opportunity to secure funding for their education abroad, the University of Jyvaskyla is announcing the Fulbright Scholarships for US Students. Applications for the academic year 2023-2024 are now accepted.
Students can undertake any two-year master’s degree programs in English across all disciplines and faculties available at the University of Jyvaskyla. The applicants must be U.S. students and hold a minimum bachelor’s degree to be considered for the award. The award consists of a tuition fee, a monthly grant, a travel award, a residence permit allowance, and other benefits.
Get financial assistance and complete your studies in Finland.
User Review( votes)
The University of Jyvaskyla is a research university in Jyvaskyla, Finland, one of the top public universities in the nation, at that. It ranks 347thin QS World University Rankings 2023. The university has a social impact with values of openness, trust, quality, and ethicality. It is one of the world’s leading research universities.
Why choose to study at the University of Jyvaskyla? The University of Jyvaskylainspires and encourages its students to test their boundaries and promotes multidisciplinary cooperation, and continuously aim to improve quality. With a focus on the well-being and wisdom of its graduates, the university aims to be a global leader in the study of learning, well-being and basic natural phenomena, reshaping competence to build a sustainable society.
Application Deadline: The final application deadline is October 2023. However, candidates must apply 4-6 weeks before the final deadline to avoid rejection of the application due to unforeseen circumstances.
- University or Organization: University of Jyvaskyla
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Graduate
- Award: Tuition fee and other benefits
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: US
- The award can be taken in Finland.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from the USA are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for two years master’s degree programs in English offered at the University of Jyvaskyla.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be U.S. students.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must apply for admission at the University of Jyvaskyla. Scholarship application details can be obtained here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official transcript of records of a higher education degree
- Official translation of the transcript into English, Finnish or Swedish
- Copy of degree certificate of higher education degree
- Official translation of the degree certificate into English, Finnish or Swedish
- Copy of a valid passport
- Copy of residence permit card
- Motivation letter
- Letter of reference
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a minimum bachelor’s degree.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL iBT (Internet Based Test) – 92
- IELTS Academic – 6.5
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE) – A, B, C or C1
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) – A, B, or C
- PTE Academic – 62
The selected students will be provided the following benefits for their study at the University of Jyvaskyla:
- The Fulbright-University of Jyvaskyla Graduate Award includes a includes a monthly grant of EUR 1 000
- A travel award (USD 1600)
- Residence permit allowance
- A supplemental accident and sickness benefit (ASPE).
- Annual tuition fee
- Participation in a Fulbright Finland Foundation pre-approved summer school in Finland consisting of courses on Finnish language, culture, and society, pending availability of suitable programs free of charge
- Opportunity to apply for additional funding from the Lois Roth Endowment
- Alumni network and activities provided for the grantees of the Fulbright Finland Foundation programs.