Shenzhen University is offering the Full-Funded PhD Position in Developing Micro/Nanomotors for Drug Delivery at the Institute for Advanced Study in China.
Desirable opportunity for international students to get financial support to study PhD in China.
User Review( votes)
The Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) at Shenzhen University is a newly established institution. It consists of both undergraduate and postgraduate programs and focusing on interdisciplinary teaching and research in China.
Why at IAS of Shenzhen University? Located in Shenzhen, IAS focuses on highly interdisciplinary research with substantial financial support from the local government. It seeks to create an academic atmosphere and training environment to meet with international standards.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2020
- University or Organization: Shenzhen University
- Department: Institute for Advanced Study (IAS)
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The prize can be taken in China
- Eligible Countries: Submissions are available for all nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program is available for PhD study in Developing Micro/Nanomotors for Drug Delivery
- Admissible Criteria: To be capable, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must be under the age of 40
- Ideal candidates hold an MSc or equivalent in a relevant discipline (e.g. Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, etc.) with experience with synthesis of polymeric nanoparticles, surface functionalization and preferably drug delivery systems.
- Any optical microscopy, cell studies (MTT, etc.), particle localization and tracking, and computational/computer modelling will be highly valued for this application.
- Excellent motivation and the ability to work as part of a team are also required. Ideally, the applicant should possess-
Experience in Chemistry, drug delivery and synthesis polymeric /silica/Inorganic nanoparticles
b. Excellent oral and written communication skills
c. Excellent interpersonal skills and strong work ethics
d. Independent and proactive attitude
e. Show ability to work as part of a team
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interest applicants must submit their updated CV and cover letter (1-2 pages) to [email protected](Dr M. Tavakkoli). Must indicate “[email protected] IAS/Shenzhen” in the subject of the email. Selected candidates will be interviewed and encouraged to apply.
- Note: Applicants must take admission at Shenzhen University for PhD study.
- Supporting Documents: For award CV and cover letter as an application. For admission must submit a scanned copy of the certificate and diploma of Master’s degree, transcripts, two recommendation letters, and self-statement around 1500 words in English, photo, passports, and Non-criminal Record Report.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have an MSc or equivalent in a relevant discipline, e.g. Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, etc.
- Language Requirement: Candidates need to have excellent oral and written communication skills in English
The winner of the award will receive all the following:
- Stipend: 40000 RMB/Year (Exceptional applicant will be offered +10000 RMB/Year)
- Accommodation: single rooms, double rooms and en suites are all available. The fees vary from 5,400 to 10,000 RMB for per student per semester.
- Additional: Highly talented candidates might be asked to apply for another scholarship with a stipend of about 70000 RMB/year.
- The successful aspirant will be working under the supervision of Dr Yongxiang Gao (and Advisory of Dr Mohammad Tavakkoli) to undertake their PhD as a member of the Colloid Physics Research Group, within the institute for advanced study of Shenzhen University.
- Candidates will connect a multidisciplinary team of scientists in the fields of active colloids and self-propelled micro/nanomotors.
- Successful candidates will work on the new generation of enzyme-driven micro/nanomotors for drug delivery applications. Throughout the course of the PhD, the candidate will gain a fundamental understanding of the principles of active colloids as well as micro/nanomotors as for wide ranges of applications.