The Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan is delighted to offer the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) Scholarship to study Bachelor’s, Masters and Doctoral levels for the academic year 2019-20. This scholarship is available to citizens of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries (this includes South Africa).
international awards and study opportunities open up possibilities for South African students who wish to pursue studies abroad, at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Studying abroad is an excellent way to expand your horizons, experience new things, meet people from all over the world and get an international education. The new skills you could gain, both in and out of the classroom can strengthen your potential contribution to society and even to a potential employer if you make the most of your experience.
Amazing opportunity for candidates.
User Review( vote)
- Applications Deadline: February 10, 2019
- Course Level: award is available to study Bachelor’s, Masters and Doctoral levels.
- Study Subject: A large range of fields are included, such as information technology and engineering, business studies, public and international affairs, etc.
- Nationality: Available to citizens of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries (this includes South Africa).
- Number of Scholarships: Provides an opportunity for selected 40 candidates on an annual basis to study in the leading universities of Azerbaijan.
- Scholarship can be taken at Leading Universities in Azerbaijan List of participating Universities in Azerbaijan
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: Available to citizens of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries (this includes South Africa).
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries (this includes South Africa)
- For undergraduate programmes, applicants must be younger than 25 years old
- For Master’s programmes, applicants must be younger than 30 years old
- For doctoral programmes, applicants must be younger than 35 years old
- English Language Requirements: Applicants are required to provide proof of English language proficiency (for programs in foreign languages: for undergraduate programs IELTS 5, TOEFL 40, for other programs IELTS 5.5, TOFEL 50).
- How to Apply: Applicants must complete the Azerbaijan programme Application Form and attach the required supporting documents, and submit to the Azerbaijani Embassy in Pretoria at 302 Albert Street, Waterkloof Ridge, Pretoria, 0181.
- Required Documents:
- Completed Application Form
- Diplomas or Transcripts from prior high school or university studies
- Copy of Passport
- Document on General health status (including HIV/AIDS test)
- CV or Resume
- Motivation Letter
- Proof of English language proficiency (for programs in foreign languages: for undergraduate programs IELTS 5, TOEFL 40, for other programs IELTS 5.5, TOFEL 50).
- Tuition fees
- International Flight (once a year, economy class)
- Monthly Stipend to the value of 800 AZN (which includes meals, accommodation and living expenses)
- Medical Insurance
- Visa and registration costs