The new A.SK Fellowships for Postdoctoral candidates are now available on offer and support research on public policy with a focus on economic and governmental reforms. International applicants are very welcome to apply.
The WZB Berlin Social Science Center conducts basic research with a focus on problems of modern societies in a globalized world. The research is theory-based, problem-oriented, often long-term and mostly based on international comparisons.
User Review( votes)
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: February 1, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to Postdoctoral candidates.
- Study Subject: The fellowships give younger social scientists the opportunity to work on a one year project contributing to social and political reform.
- Scholarship Award: Monthly stipends amount to € 2,400.
- Nationality: International applicants are very welcome to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: 3 Fellowships will be awarded for the duration of up to 12 months and can be taken up in 2019 or 2020.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: International applicants are very welcome to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The postdoctoral fellowships are part of the A.SK Academic Prize program which also includes the A.SK Social Science Award awarded bi-annually to outstanding research on social and governmental reform. The prizes are named after their sponsors Angela and Shu Kai Chan.
International applicants are very welcome to apply. Fellowships may be non-resident or combined with an affiliation at the WZB. Any residency at the WZB needs to be cleared with the intended host research unit at the WZB. Please attach a corresponding letter of invitation to your application.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Please submit applications to the WZB (including a cover letter, a CV, a copy of your PhD certificate or suitable alternative proof of having completed your PhD, a list of your publications and unpublished papers) by February 1, 2019, along with two letters of recommendation (to be sent separately by your referees). Applications should also include a work plan of one page outlining the schedule of the research project to be conducted by means of the A.SK fellowship. The applications should be written in English and be sent to a.sk-at-wzb.eu (max 4 MB).