For academic year 2018/2019, The University of Pavia and the School of Advanced Studies IUSS Pavia are inviting applications for MSc scholarships and funding to study MSc in Civil Engineering for Mitigation of Risk from Natural Hazards. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The University of Pavia and the School of Advanced Studies IUSS Pavia present a new international Master of Science programme in Civil Engineering for Mitigation of Risk from Natural Hazards. The programme is structured in two curricula: Reduction of Seismic Risk (ROSE) and Hydrogeological Risk Assessment and Mitigation (HYRIS).
- Applications Deadline: August 31, 2018
- Course Level: MSc Scholarships are available to pursue an MSc programme.
- Study Subject: MSc Scholarships are awarded to study MSc in Civil Engineering for Mitigation of Risk from Natural Hazards.
- Scholarship Award: There are 4 scholarships available for the 2018/2019 academic year, specifically addressed to students who will enrol with the MSc programme CivRisk::
- 2 Full scholarships of 6’000 Euro/year (corresponding to a contribution for the costs for accommodation and fees, for the entire duration of the MSc programme, i.e. two years);
- 2 Partial scholarships of 3’000 Euro/year (corresponding to a partial contribution to the costs for fees or accommodation, for the entire duration of the MSc programme, i.e. two years).
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for these MSc scholarships.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 4 MSc scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: In order to apply, candidates must satisfy any one of the following requirements:
- They are going to enrol in the MSc in Civil Engineering for Mitigation of Risk from Natural Hazards for the first time for the a.y. 2018/2019
- They have submitted a pre-evaluation request and they have been accepted for enrolment in the MSc programme for the a.y. 2018/2019
- They are graduates or undergraduates from another Italian university who complies with the requirements for direct enrolment as stated in the official call for application, paragraph 4.1 (a final grade greater than 105/110 or an average mark, calculated for all the courses with a mark and weighed with the ECTS, of at least 27/30);
- They submit a pre-evaluation request and at the same time, they apply to this call for a scholarship. Candidates must confirm their request with the payment to the pre-evaluation expenses and they must submit all the documentation listed in the official MSc call for application published here:
English Language Requirements: English language knowledge at a level not lower than B2 of the Common European Framework. Possible certification bodies are listed in the table below.
|Certifying Body||Certification corresponding to level B2 of the Common European Framework|
|Cambridge English Language Assessment (Part of the University of Cambridge)||Cambridge English: First (FCE)|
|Cambridge English Language Assessment (Part of the University of Cambridge)||International English Language Testing System (IELTS): minimum score 5.5|
|Cambridge English Language Assessment (Part of the University of Cambridge)||Business Language Testing Service (BULATS) Reading/Language Knowledge Test: minimum score of 60|
|Educational Testing Service (ETS)||Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT): minimum score of 77|
|Educational Testing Service (ETS)||TOEIC Listening and Reading Test: minimum score 785 + TOEIC Speaking and Writing Test: minimum score of 310|
|Trinity College London||Integrated Skills in English (ISE II)|
|City & Guilds||Communicator B2|
|Pearson||English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Level 1 B2|
In absence of one of these certificates, the knowledge of the English language will be assessed through an interview. Students who hold a citizenship in countries where the English Language is one of the official languages or students who obtained their degrees following courses entirely taught in English do not need to submit any certificate, but only have to submit a document proving that they belong to one of these cases.
How to Apply: The application must be submitted using the following steps:
- a) Open the following webpage: https://studentionline.unipv.it/AddressBook/ABStartProcessoRegAction.do and register; with the username and password obtained after registration, by accessing the Reserved Area (Area Riservata), click on the menu item “Admission” and then click on the item “Evaluation Test” and then SCHOLARSHIPS FOR CIV RISK. Students already registered will only have to log in with the credentials they already have
- b) Upload the following documentation:
- “Request for evaluation of the academic career- Annex A -” completed and hand signed, which is available at the end of this call
- A photocopy of all relevant sides/pages of the passport (for EU citizens, a photocopy of all sides of an official identity document);
- for candidates enrolled/graduated at Italian universities: self-certification of the BSc degree or current status, with indication of all exams, passed and associated SSD, number of ECTS and grades; for applicants enrolled/graduated at foreign universities: a copy of the certificate issued by the foreign university certifying enrolment or graduation from a degree course with the list of exams, credits and respective grades obtained. When the student enrols to the MSc programme in Civil Engineering for Mitigation of Risk from Natural Hazards, this certification must be submitted to the Student Secretariat with translation into Italian and declaration of equivalent value by the applicant’s local Italian consulate;
- Curriculum vitae (C.V.) containing all the necessary information regarding the candidate (education, knowledge of languages and computer software, any work experience, other general information useful to outline the candidate’s suitability). The candidate can freely choose the format to be used for C.V.
- Reference letters (optional, maximum 2) Students already enrolled or admitted to the MSc in Civil Engineering for Mitigation of Risk from Natural Hazards who have already uploaded all (or part of) the necessary documents need to just fill the request form for the application to the scholarship stating their study and work experience and upload any additional documentation needed to establish their ranking in the ranking list.
CLICK HERE for more scholarships in Italy!