The Transport Education and Training Authority (TETA) is inviting applications for TETA Scholarship Opportunity for Post Graduate Studies at the World Maritime University (WMU) in Sweden.
The World Maritime University (WMU) in Malmö, Sweden is a postgraduate maritime university founded in 1983 by the International Maritime Organization (IMO), a specialized agency of the United Nations.
Fab choice for applicants
User Review( votes)
The aim of WMU is to further enhance the objectives and goals of IMO and IMO Member States around the world through education, research, and capacity building to ensure safe, secure, and efficient shipping on clean oceans. WMU is truly an organization by and for the international maritime community.
- Application Deadline: May 3, 2021
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue an MSc and PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in Maritime Affairs.
- Award: Some fellowships cover the cost of a full fellowship, and may or may not cover the additional cost of the English & Study Skills Programme. Others provide only the University Fee.
- Nationality: South African students are eligible to apply for this application programme.
- Number of Awards: A limited number of fellowships to provide financial support to students are given each year by a range of international donors.
- The award can be taken in Studies will be undertaken at the prestigious World Maritime University (WMU) in Sweden, Malmo.
- Eligible Countries: South African students are eligible to apply for this application programme.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this application you must meet the following requirements:
- Entrance Requirement:
- WMU admits students who are already established in careers in the maritime field.
- The Admissions Board will consider only those applicants who meet the following general entrance requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, or an equivalent university qualification
- The highest grade certificate of competency for unrestricted service as a master mariner or chief engineer, or equivalent maritime qualifications.
- Substantial, directly relevant professional experience
- Competence in the English language, demonstrated by an internationally recognized standard test
- Computer competence (at least the ability to use Microsoft Office)
- How to Apply: Your application must be sent to TETA at victor-at-teta.org.za and Malcolm-at-teta.org.za by no later than May 3, 2021, at 16:00 pm.
- Entrance Requirements:In addition to meeting the requirements outlined above, applicants for advanced standing must demonstrate they have already covered the content of the first semester of the standard programme. The additional qualifications required are:
- A postgraduate qualification in an area directly relevant to the specialization the student intends to follow
- Senior-level, directly relevant professional experience
- Proficiency in English without attending the English and Study Skills Programme, and with an appropriate score in the writing skills section of the test. The tests and marks required are specified under “English language requirements”
- excellent IT skills
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have proficiency in English without attending the English and Study Skills Programme and with an appropriate score in the writing skills section of the test. The tests and marks required are specified under “English language requirements”. The ESSP is designed to enhance English language competencies and provide the skills necessary to follow a postgraduate programme successfully, whether at WMU or another institution.