The Ghent University is seeking a highly motivated and critical full-time PhD Position in Mathematical Biology at Ghent University Global Campus, Korea.
The Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences. Ghent University aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
User Review( votes)
- Applications Deadline: August 31, 2018
- Course Level: Grants are available to pursue the researcher program.
- Study Subject: Full-Time researcher position in Mathematical Biology – Ghent University Global Campus, Korea.
- Nationality: Available for Belgian students.
- Number of Scholarships:
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Available for Belgian students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hold by September 2018, a PhD degree in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical / Electronics Engineering, (Applied) Mathematics, Physics. Exceptional candidates from another engineering/science backgrounds will also be considered.
- Should have had a rigorous undergraduate training in mathematics and physics and in general a strong background in mathematics and physics.
- Be highly motivated to conduct research in the area of applied mathematics, specifically in the area of mathematical biology/chemistry.
- Have an excellent academic track record, an excellent command of English and good academic writing and presentation skills. ?
- Knowledge of biology or chemistry at the undergraduate level is preferable although not mandatory.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Full-Time Researcher Position – Ghent University Global Campus
- Department: Department of Environmental Technology, Food Technology and Molecular Biotechnology (KR01)
- Contract: 1-year contract, renewable (max. 4 years)
- Occupancy rate: 100%
- Vacancy Type: Assistant Academic Staff
- Last application date: August 31, 2018 12:00 (Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as the position will be filled upon findingthe right candidate)
- Starting date: October 1, 2018 (negotiable)
Assist his/her supervisors in teaching undergraduate courses at Ghent University Global Campus, Korea (physics, mathematics).
Conduct research in the interdisciplinary field of mathematical biology with a particular focus on stability analysis of biochemical reaction networks.
Assist his/her supervisors with tasks in ongoing and future R&D projects
Profile of the candidate
How to Apply: Application Documents:
- Motivation letter
- Full resume (CV), including at least 2 references
- Copy of the Bachelors, Masters and PhD degree certificates
- Transcripts (overview of study results)