The Fullbright South Africa is launching the Fullbright Foreign Student Program for South African students who wish to pursue studies in the USA. The study program is open for the academic year 2023-2024.
Students from South Africa who want to apply for a master’s or doctorate-level study programme in an American university or college can participate in this scholarship programme. They must demonstrate leadership qualities, have a sense of social responsibility and be highly motivated to be considered. The program winners can expect advantages such as visa sponsorship, placement, insurance, and much more.
A fine program for South African students in the USA.
User Review( votes)
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program in South Africa is started with the aim to strengthen educational and cultural relationships between the United States and South Africa. It is supported by the U.S. Embassy in South Africa to make sure that a balanced countrywide distribution of grants takes place.
Why choose to study in the United States of America? American education is renowned globally for its quality education, unique curriculum, multicultural environment, and abundant opportunities. International students, especially, prefer to study in the USA for its prestigious degrees.
Application Deadline: The scholarship applications are open till 1st May, 2023.
- University or Organization: Fullbright South Africa
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Graduate or Postgraduate
- Award: Tuition fee and More
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: South African
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: South African students.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a master’s or doctoral level study in any field, except an MBA, at an American university or college of choice.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be South African citizens OR permanent residents with a minimum of 5 years of permanent residency status in South Africa.
- The applicants must be able to meet the minimum scores on required standardized tests such as the GRE and TOEFL.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must submit an admission application via their desired university’s application portal. The scholarship application can be submitted by logging in here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Graduation certificate/s
- Transcripts and certificates in English
- An explanation sheet on the grading system used by the applicant’s university
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must be registered for a PhD with a South African university at the time of application, and have a four-year bachelor’s degree, B-Tech degree, or a three-year bachelor’s degree with an honour’s degree, or a master’s degree.
- Language Requirement: The students must have a sufficient level of English proficiency to enable them to engage in graduate-level study in the United States.
The scholarship winners selected by Fullbright South Africa will be offered the following benefits:
- Placement at a U.S. host university
- J1 visa sponsorship
- Medical clearance
- Visa application fees
- International travel and health insurance
- Tuition and a living allowance while in the U.S
- Travel allowance and transportation from South Africa to the authorized U.S. destination
- Settling in allowance upon arrival in the United States