The University of Exeter is awarding up to 10 full-time PhD Positionsin collaboration with the China Scholarship Council (CSC) for Chinese students starting in the academic year 2021-2020. Full tuition fees of successful applicants will be funded by the relevant College at the University of Exeter.
The University of Exeter combines world-class research with high levels of student satisfaction at its campuses in Exeter and Cornwall, South West England. Formed in 1955, the University has over 21,000 students from more than 130 different countries. Exeter has been a leader in cutting-edge science, engineering, mathematics and medicine research and 98% of our research has been rated as of international quality.
User Review( votes)
- Applications Deadline: January 7, 2021
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are available for study in the following subjects:
College of Life and Environmental Sciences (CLES)
• Sport and Health Sciences
College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences (CEMPS)
• Computer Sciences
• Physics and Astronomy
• Renewable Energy
Medical School (UEMS)
• Medical Imaging
• Medical Sciences
Business School (UEBS)
• Management Studies
• Organisation Studies
College of Humanities
• Art History & Visual Culture
• Classics and Ancient History
• Film Studies
• Foreign Language Centre
• Liberal Arts
• Modern Languages
• Theology and Religion
College of Social Sciences and International Studies
- Arab and Islamic Studies
• Sociology, Philosophy and Anthropology
- Scholarship Award: Full tuition fees of successful applicants will be funded by the relevant College at the University of Exeter. The China Scholarship Council will provide a living allowance, including the cost of a return flight from China to the UK, accommodation and subsistence, depending on the applicant’s eligibility.
- Nationality: The studentships are available for Chinese researchers.
- Number of Scholarships: 10 PhD opportunities are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: The studentships are available for Chinese researchers.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application and intend to return to China upon completion of their studies at the University of Exeter.
- The sponsorship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit with candidates requiring the equivalent of a Distinction in a UK Master’s degree from a prestigious university (Typically an average of 85% or above from a Chinese Higher Education Institution).
- Successful candidates will meet the relevant academic requirements as well as the English language proficiency requirements for entry into a PhD programme set out by the University of Exeter. Applicants are generally expected to have a score of IELTS 6.5 – 7.0 or equivalent overall with no less than 6.0 in any section.
- Candidates will also be required satisfy the selection criteria set out by CSC. Details can be found China Scholarship Council’s website.
English Language Requirements: Successful candidates will meet the relevant academic requirements as well as the English language proficiency requirements for entry into a PhD programme set out by the University of Exeter. Applicants are generally expected to have a score of IELTS 6.5 – 7.0 or equivalent overall with no less than 6.0 in any section.
How to Apply: Stage One – Apply to the University of Exeter
In the application process you will be asked to upload several documents. Please note our preferred format is PDF, each file named with your surname and the name of the document, eg. “Smith – CV.pdf”, “Smith – Cover Letter.pdf”, “Smith – Transcript.pdf”.
• A research proposal
• Letter of application outlining your academic interests and prior research experience.
• Transcript(s) giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained. This should be an interim transcript
if you are still studying.
• Evidence of your English language proficiency.You will be asked to name 2 referees as part of the application process, however we will not contact these people until the offer stage. Your referees should not be from the prospective supervisory team.
- Apply here for College of Life and Environmental Sciences
- Apply here for College of Engineering, Mathematics & Physical Sciences
- Apply here for Medical School
- Apply here for Business School
- Apply here for College of Humanities
- Apply here for College of Social Science and International Studies
- CSC will be notified of the fee waiver with a copy of the offer letter.
Stage 2 – Apply to China Scholarship Council (CSC)
Successful applicants will need to apply for CSC funding following the guidelines specified by the China Scholarship Council.