Applications are now open for the Fully-funded EPSRC ICASE & Tata Steel PhD Scholarship at Swansea University. The studentship programme is open for UK and EU candidates.
The programme aims to develop the understanding of the slot die and curtain coating processes to allow it to deposit a high viscosity solvent-based coating for the steel industry.
Excellent opportunity for EU/UK applicants to get a fully-funded PhD study program.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1996, the Swansea University is a research-led institution with an outstanding reputation for the quality of its student experience. It offers about 330 undergraduate courses and 120 post-graduate courses to 19,160 undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Why at Swansea University? In this university, students have many opportunities related to their career. Swansea is the right choice for you as it provides an excellent environment for study and facilities to achieve future goals.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020
- University: Swansea University
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Fully-Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: UK/EU candidates
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK/EU
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Candidates should hold a minimum of an upper second class (2:1) honours degree (or it’s equivalent) in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Familiarity with modelling and experience in experimental work involving liquid coatings would be beneficial.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For this opportunity, aspirants are suggested to take admission in a PhD degree program at the university. After that download and complete the application form for the fund and send it through email to Dr Eifion Jewell (e.jewell-at-swansea.ac.uk).
- Supporting Documents: The following documents might be asked to submit with your application for admission:
- Two-page CV
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- A cover letter including a ‘Supplementary Personal Statement’ to explain why the position particularly matches your skills and experience and how you choose to develop the project.
- Two written references (academic or previous employer)
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must meet all the entry requirements of this university.
- Language Requirement: English Language requirements (IELTS 6.5 overall with 5.5+ in each component) to be met by point of application. For details on the University’s English Language entry requirements.
The programme covers the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,285 plus additional funds available for research expenses.