Applications are being accepted for the Fully Funded International PhD Positions in Advanced Data Management at the University of Basel. The university is accepting applications for the academic year 2023-2024.
Applications for this PhD opportunity will be accepted from international and domestic students. The applicants must have an MSc degree in Computer Science or similar, German and English language skills and interest and theoretical and practical experience in the subject, to be considered to be appointed at the PhD positions. 3 candidates will be selected and will be offered an annual salary of 47,000 CHF or more for up to 4 years.
Excellent offer for international students to study at the University of Basel in Switzerland with this full funding opportunity.
User Review( votes)
The University of Basel is a university in Basel founded in 1460 in Switzerland. It is Switzerland’s oldest university and is also listed among the world’s oldest surviving universities. It ranks 136th in QS World University Rankings 2023 and 150th in Best Global Universities.
Why choose to study at the University of Basel? The University of Basel educates young, talented people from Switzerland and abroad with the goal to remain one of the best research universities worldwide. The university also makes important contributions to research and social development through scientific knowledge and innovation. Students are engaged in the targeted development of young academics.
Application Deadline: The application pathway is open.
- University or Organization: University of Basel
- Department: Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: 47,000 CHF
- Number of Awards: 3
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Switzerland
- Eligible Countries: Students from Switzerland and other countries can both apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD positions at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Basel can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have theoretical and practical experience in databases, multimedia data management, and information retrieval.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates can log in here and apply for the PhD position. All applicants will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Motivation letter
- All relevant documents (MSc diploma, transcript of records)
- The name of at least one referee
- Summary of their software development experience
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have an MSc degree in Computer science or a related discipline, and experience in software development.
- Language Requirement:The applicants must have good level of both English and German language skills.
The successfully selected PhD students will be appointed at the position and be provided an annual salary of 47,000 CHF with a possibility of increase over 4 years.