The University of Sydney is offering 40 new fully-funded PhD scholarships for 2017 intake. International students can apply for these scholarships.
The aim of the scholarship is to help the world’s best students to fulfill their potential.
Depending on student’s educational background and country of origin, they may need to provide evidence of their English proficiency to be able to study here.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the study offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The new international student scholarships include:
- Full coverage of tuition fees for the postgraduate research degree
- A stipend of $26,682 per annum to assist students with their living costs while undertaking their degree
- An allowance to assist students with ancillary costs of their degree, including relocation costs to Sydney, academic publication costs, and overseas student health cover costs.
Number of Scholarships: There are 40 scholarships available.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: To be eligible for the RTP Fee Scholarship/USydIS, the student must:
- Be an international student commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at this University. Students may also be considered up until they have consumed a maximum of six months of course candidature.
- Be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within the areas of its current and emerging research strengths.
- Not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree, or, if undertaking a Research Master’s degree, not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master’s degree.
- Not have held an Australia Award scholarship within two years prior to commencing the RTP Fee Scholarship.
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
- Not previously have received an RTP Fee Scholarship, unless the previous scholarship was for a Master by Research degree that you have completed and you are now applying for a doctorate research degree.
- Students may only be considered for the RTP scholarships three times in a five year period.
Nationality: International students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Eligibility for admission is dependent on prior research experience. You need to have undertaken a significant research project or thesis either as part of an honours year or as an assessable component of a master’s by coursework degree. You should also visit ‘Find a course’ to check if your degree has any specific entry requirements.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: If English is not student’s first language, they will need to have either:
- Successfully completed tertiary studies in which the language of instruction, examination, and assessment was English or
- Completed an English proficiency test, with results as required by each course.
How to Apply: To be considered for these scholarships, students must submit all the required documents as part of their online course application. The application will be assessed on academic merit and research potential.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 31, 2017.