The Indian Council of Medical Research is welcoming applications for the Postdoctoral Fellowship. Applications to this program are open to Indian students in the fields of basic science, communicable and non-communicable diseases, and reproductive health including nutrition.
The aim of the fellowships is to giving research opportunities to promising fresh PhD/ MD/MS holders.
User Review( votes)
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest medical research bodies in the world.
Course Level: These fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in cutting edge areas of basic science, communicable and non-communicable diseases, and reproductive health including nutrition.
Award: These fellowships will cover the following:
- ICMR Postdoctoral Fellows will be paid a consolidated fellowship of Rs.50, 000/- per month plus house rent allowance (HRA), Non-Practicing Allowance (NPA) as admissible and a contingency grant of Rs.3.0 lakhs per annum. 25% of the contingency grant can be used for travel including per diem expenses.
Numbers of Scholarships: Fifty fellowships are available.
The award can be taken in India
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these fellowships:
- Fresh PhDs/MD/MS within three years of completing their PhD/MD/MS and also those who have submitted PhD/MD/MS thesis.
- Postgraduate medical students are also permitted to carry out ICMR’s PDF in MCI recognized postgraduate medical colleges wherein a minimum of three batches has obtained their postgraduate degree.
- ICMR Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is open to Indian nationals only.
Nationality: Indian applicants are eligible for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be PhDs/MD/MS.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post.
- Please read the instructions, given at ICMR website carefully before filling the Application Form (Annexure-I ). The Application Proforma is also provided there (Annexure II). List of ICMR Institutes/Centres are available at ICMR web Page at icmr.org.in. Applications complete in all respect must reach on or before the closing date (twice in a year). Candidates are advised to contact the Director/ Officer-in-Charge of ICMR Institutes/Centres where they are interested in pursuing their PDF. Applicants can visit the site at icmr.org.in to know the activities of the Institutes/ centres and to know their mandates. Application received without the recommendation of the Director /Officer-in-charge of the sponsoring ICMR institutes/centers will not be entertained.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is December 31 every year.