The Indian Council of Medical Research is welcoming applications for the Postdoctoral Fellowship. Applications to this program are open to Indian students in the fields of basic science, communicable and non-communicable diseases, and reproductive health including nutrition.
The aim of the fellowships is to giving research opportunities to promising fresh Ph.D./ MD/MS holders. These fellowships are available to pursue the postdoctoral program.
Best offer for Indian applicants to get Ph.D./ MD/MS education in India.
User Review( votes)
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest medical research bodies in the world.
University or Organization: The Indian Council of Medical Research
Course Level: Ph.D./ MD/MS
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Indian applicants
The program can be taken in India
Application Deadline: Closed
Applicants must meet the following area for these fellowships:
- Fresh PhDs/MD/MS within three years of completing their Ph.D./MD/MS and also those who have submitted Ph.D./MD/MS thesis.
- Postgraduate medical students are also permitted to carry out ICMR’s PDF in MCI recognized postgraduate medical colleges wherein a minimum of three batches has obtained their postgraduate degree.
- These fellowships are awarded in cutting edge areas of basic science, communicable and non-communicable diseases, and reproductive health including nutrition.
- ICMR Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is open to Indian nationals only.
- Indian applicants are eligible for these fellowships.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post. Please read the instructions, given at ICMR website carefully before filling the Application Form (Annexure-I ). The Application Proforma is also provided there (Annexure II). List of ICMR Institutes/Centres is available at ICMR web Page at icmr.org.in.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must be PhDs/MD/MS.
ICMR Postdoctoral Fellows will be paid a consolidated fellowship of Rs.50, 000/- per month plus house rent allowance (HRA), Non-Practicing Allowance (NPA) as admissible and a contingency grant of Rs.3.0 lakhs per annum. 25% of the contingency grant can be used for travel including per diem expenses.