The University of Southampton is inviting applications for three PhD studentships supported by Mayflower Scholarships in the School of Physics and Astronomy. These scholarships are available only to the United Kingdom and European Union citizens.
The main purpose of the scheme is to provide students with an opportunity to carry out research to a PhD level in one the world-leading groups in our school. The applicant, therefore, needs to satisfy all the normal entrance requirements for the PhD programme.
User Review( votes)
The University of Southampton is a public research university located in Southampton, England. Southampton is a founding member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities in Britain. In the most recent Research Excellence Framework, the university was ranked the 18th best research institution in the United Kingdom for average quality of research submitted.
- Application Deadline: Studentship is open for the year 2018
- Course Level: Studentships are awarded to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Studentships are available within the School of Physics and Astronomy of the University of Southampton
- Scholarship Award: The Mayflower Scholarships provide full support of fees, student grant and some research support.
- Nationality: These scholarships are available only to United Kingdom and European Union citizens.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to three studentships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: These scholarships are available only to United Kingdom and European Union citizens.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Applicants should have, or be about to obtain, a good upper second or first class honours degree in Physics, or equivalent. Successful applicants are expected to engage in research in one of our internationally-leading groups and also to assist in the School’s teaching programmes, acquiring a combination of research and teaching skills that are highly valued by both the academic research and education professional economies.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: For further information and application forms, potential candidates should contact the graduate school office at fpse-phdapply-at-southampton.ac.uk.