The Mechanobiology Institute at the National University of Singapore is now accepting applications for fully funded funding for PhD program in Mechanobiology. The grant is open to Singapore as well as International students.
The aim of The grant is to help students in developing decision-making and leadership skills, teaching experiences, laboratory rotations and proposal writing are built into the curriculum.
User Review( votes)
Instituted in 2009, the Mechanobiology Institute was created through joint funding by the National Research Foundation and the Ministry of Education with the goal of creating a new research center in mechanobiology to benefit both the discipline and Singapore. MBI’s primary focus is to identify, measure and describe how the forces for motility and morphogenesis are expressed at the molecular, cellular and tissue level.
- Applications Deadline: January 15, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of Mechanobiology.
- Award: All students admitted to the MBI Ph.D. program will be offered a full funding for up to five (5) years. The scholarship covers full tuition fees, with a monthly stipend of S$3200 per month for non-Singaporeans and S$3400 per month for Singaporeans (Central Provident Fund (CPF) will be provided at the prevailing employer’s CPF contribution rate) and a one-time allowance of S$5000 to cover purchase of laptops, books and other scholastic materials. The MBI may provide a competitive allowance for international conference travel on the merit of conference papers.
- Number of Awards: Numbers not given.
- Nationality: award is open to Local as well as International students.
- The award can be taken in Singapore
Eligible Countries: Local as well International students are eligible to apply for this application programme.
Entrance Requirements: An equivalent of a Bachelor of Science or an Engineering degree with second upper honors is required.
- GRE General Test
11.1. GRE is needed for all applicants (optional for graduates from local institution e.g. NUS/NTU).
11.2. Minimum requirements for GRE:
- Verbal and Quantitative Reasoning: 320
- Analytical Writing: 3.5
- 11.3. Applicants with more than one (1) year of post-college work experience may request a waiver in writing, stating the reasons (e.g. academic and research background and history, achievement, performance and publications etc).
11.4. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirement can write to [email protected] for further advice.
11.5. Applicants from India may submit the GATE in lieu of the GRE.
11.6. Minimum requirement for GATE: 90th percentile or higher
Note: GRE scores are valid for five (5) years from the test date. If it has been more than five (5) years since you last took the test, you must take it again to have the score reported.
- TOFEL Test
12.1. A TOEFL score is required for applicants (exemption for graduates from local institution i.e. NUS/NTU) whose native language and medium of university instruction are not completely in English.
12.2. Minimum requirements:
- Paper-based test, 580;
- Computer-based test, 237
- Internet-based test, 85
- IELTS: 6
12.3. Applicants with more than one (1) year of post-college work experience may request a waiver in writing, stating the reasons. A writing test might be required during the interview for our consideration.
12.4. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirement can write to [email protected] for further advice.
Note: TOEFL/IELTS scores are valid for two (2) years from the test date. If it has been more than two (2) years since you last took the test, you must take it again to have the score reported.
How to Apply: The printed application form from the online application system or a manual application must be duly signed and submitted to the MBI Graduate Office together with supporting documents as indicated in the checklist.
Supporting Documents Refer to page 8 for
- The checklist of supporting document, and
- The sequence in which these supporting documents should be submitted.
Unless otherwise indicated, these supporting documents are to be:
- Compiled into a single PDF file, and email to mbigraduate-at-nus.edu.sg. Please limit your PDF file size at 10MB, and
- Included in your hard copy package to be mailed to MBI Graduate Office.