Upskilling just got a little easier. Get a uni degree faster and cheaper with Monash University. Monash is thrilled to offer Vietnam Government PhD Scholarship for Vietnamese students in Australia. Jointly funded by Monash University and the Vietnamese Government under Project 89, the scholarship will be for a maximum of 3 years and 6 months.
This joint funding program supports high-quality Vietnamese candidates to undertake a PhD degree at Monash University. It aims to address Vietnam’s future industry and workforce needs, prioritizing key research areas such as digital technologies, physics, biotechnologies, and energy & environment.
Fully-Funded Monash University-Vietnam Government PhD Scholarship in Australia
Excellent offer for Vietnamese students to study in Australia with a fully-funded Monash University-Vietnam Government PhD Scholarship in Australia.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1958, Monash University is Australia’s largest university and also covers Malaysia, China, India, Italy, and South Africa. At Monash, they offer 140 undergraduate courses, 173 graduate courses, 71 double degree courses, and 141 professional development courses through its 10 study areas.
Why study at Monash University? Monash is more than just a place to study where students prepare for career success in a rapidly changing world. Students can focus from day one, or explore a variety of subjects and tailor their degree.
Application Deadline: Now Open
- University or Organization: Monash University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: Vietnam
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Vietnam
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for PhD study in any subject offered by Monash University
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- A citizen or permanent resident of Vietnam at the time of your application;
- Applicants must meet Monash’s competitive scholarship selection process requirements
- The scholarship is also available to students undertaking Joint Research Awardswhen Monash University is the home institution.
How to Apply
Take the first steps in applying to undertake a research degree with Monash University.
- How to Apply: Prospective applicants are required to register their interest in undertaking the PhD program at Monash by emailing [email protected]
- Applicants must ensure that they are applying for the ‘Monash University-Vietnam Government PhD Scholarship (Project 89)’ in their application.
- Supporting Documents: The team will guide applicants through the next steps after registering for PhD, which will involve submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI)to the relevant Faculty at Monash at the same time as registering their interest with their Vietnamese institution.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must assure the University’s entry requirements for research programs.
- Language Requirement: Applicants are required to meet the minimum English language requirements.
Monash funding programs are very competitive and are awarded based on academic records, research outputs, and prior research experience.
The Vietnamese Government will provide for onshore study:
- A tuition fee scholarship of up to $25,000 USD
- a stipend scholarship of $1,120 USD per month
- International return airfare and travel allowances
- Up to $1,000 USD per year: Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the time spent in Australia.
Additionally, Monash University will provide:
- Top-up funding to support the full tuition fee (supplement the Project 89 funding), being the difference between the scholarship jointly funded between Monash and the Vietnamese Government (Project 89)
- A supplementary living allowance up to the RTP Stipend rate to support students whilst in Australia