The University of Kent is very happy to announce the British Council GREAT Scholarship for Climate Change: India and Pakistan exclusively for international students who want to advance their career by pursuing a course in a climate change-related subject. Applications are open for the academic year 2023-2024.
This scholarship will be awarded to one Indian passport holder, and one Pakistani passport holder, i.e. a total of two postgraduate students who undertake any eligible master’s programme at the University of Kent. The applicants must be a citizen of Pakistan or India and hold a conditional offer for a place in the applied programme to be considered. The award is a one-time amount of £10,000 towards the tuition fees.
Get an award amount of £10,000 to complete master’s studies at the University of Kent.
User Review( votes)
The University of Kent is a semi-collegiate public research university based in Kent that is ambitious for its people, its communities, and the region its serves. The university was ranked 375thin QS World University Rankings by TopUniversities and will further be known for a transformative student experience and employability outcomes regardless of background.
Why choose to study at the University of Kent? The University of Kent has visualised to be delivering one of the best education and student experiences amongst UK universities that enables and inspires its students. The institute strive to achieve an inclusive, people-centered culture for its community of fine and aspiring researchers.
Application Deadline: The application deadline date is of 23:59 BST 28thApril, 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Kent
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters
- Award: £10,000
- Number of Awards: 2
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: India and Pakistan
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Students from India and Pakistan can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Architecture and the Sustainable Environment MSc, International Environmental Law LLM, Social Anthropology – Humanitarian and Environmental Crises MA, Conservation Biology MSc, Conservation Project Management MSc, Conservation and Rural Development MSc, Conservation and International Wildlife Trade MSc, or Ethnobotany MSc offered at the University of Kent is eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be a citizen of India or Pakistan, and be assessed as overseas fee payer.
- The applicants must have accepted your offer before the deadline date of 28 April 2023.
- The applicants must be willing to attend events upon invitation from the British Council.
- The applicants must be motivated and academically able to follow and benefit from a UK postgraduate taught course.
- The applicants must be active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the proposed subject area.
- The applicants must be willing to share experiences, create content, and capture perceptions of studying in the UK.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to complete their admission application on the university portal. To be considered for the scholarship, interested students must submit an essay of no more than 500 words about a topic you have studied previously and why you found it interesting.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- details of your previous studies
- a research proposal (usually between 1000-3000 words)
- contact information for two referees
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a first-class or second-class honours degree or equivalent in architecture or related discipline in the built environment or similar according to the course-specific requirements.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 90
- IELTS – 6.5
- PTE – 62
- CAE/CPE – 176
The University of Kent will award the winning candidates a scholarship amounting to £10,000 towards the tuition fee of the programme undertaken by them.