The university is looking for an excellent, motivated, and self-driven student for a PhD position focusing on the area of 5G communications at the Technical University of Darmstadt, one of the top engineering schools in Germany. The candidate will join the wireless communication group in SEEMOO lab headed by Prof. Matthias Hollick.
The accepted candidate will work on exciting research problems in 5G cellular communications such as Device-to-Device communication and multi-RAT 5G communications. In addition, the student is given the opportunity to work with the state-of-the-art Software Defined Radio (SDR) platforms to complement the theoretical research with experimentation.
A golden chance for students.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1877, TU Darmstadt was the first university worldwide to establish a faculty and a course of study in electrical engineering in 1882. With about 25.000 enrolled students in 13 departments and 286 professors, it is considered one of the top universities for computer science research in Germany.
- A Master degree in Telecommunication, Information Technologies, Computer Science or related fields with excellent grades.
- Excellent English language skills and the ambition to work in a dynamic international environment.
- Good knowledge of cellular communication systems and WiFi.
- Strong analytical background in optimization and modelling is a plus.
- Strong programming skills in Matlab and C++. FPGA and LabVIEW programming knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with SDR platforms
University encourages only the highly qualified individuals meeting the above-mentioned requirement to email the following documents in ONE pdf file to Dr Arash Asadi ([email protected]) with the subject of “5G PhD Vacancy”.
- Resume/CV showing the applicant’s educational and research background, professional skills, a list of publications, and two references.
- Transcripts for Bachelor and Master degrees.
- A cover letter specifying the candidate’s intent to pursue a PhD in our group.
- Very competitive salary Level E13 (~EUR 43000 gross) in a top German university.
- Access to customised professional skill training.
- Financial support for publishing and presenting results at leading international conferences.