Students who want to further their education in the field of Engineering or Physical Sciences are invited to apply for a Fully-funded PhD Studentships in 3D Printing of Proteins for Continuous Flow Biocatalysis and Bio-adsorption within the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Nottingham for the academic year 2022-2023.
The studentship is an exciting research collaboration between supervisors based within the Centre for Additive Manufacturing and the Sustainable Process Technologies Research Group for home country students only. Eligible candidates are those that have a degree and experience in Engineering or Physical Sciences. Chosen candidates will be extended benefits towards the tuition fee.
User Review( votes)
The University of Nottingham is a renowned public research university dedicated to improving the wellbeing of people by providing outstanding education and research through its education system. It is ranked 84th in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2018.
Why choose to study at the University of Nottingham? The University of Nottingham has a faculty that has been constantly delivering outstanding teaching and learning outcomes and renders their undisturbed attention to each student. The employability rate of students is boosted with degrees from the University of Nottingham and extreme support from the faculty that gives a kick-start to their careers.
Application Deadline: 13th December 2021
- University or Organization: University of Nottingham
- Department: Faculty of Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition Fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: UK
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Candidates can undertake PhD study in 3D Printing of proteins for continuous flow biocatalysis and bio-adsorption at the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Nottingham.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have the knowledge and/or interest in 3D printing, process and materials engineering, or catalysis with a background in engineering or physical sciences, including but not limited to chemical, manufacturing, mechanical engineering, and chemistry.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can log in to the university portal to complete their admission applications. Candidates interested in the studentship must send the documents to [email protected] referring to the project title to apply.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A copy of your covering letter
- Academic transcripts
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must possess or expect to obtain, a 2:1 or first class degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences related discipline.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- PTE – 55
The selected PhD candidates will be provided the tuition fee of the undertaken study programme and will have access to equipment and expertise at the forefront of the 3D printing and of biotechnology research areas.