The University of Newcastle is very excited to receive applications from talented students for the PhD Scholarship in Zero Dimensional Symmetry for the academic year 2021-2022.
This scholarship application is made available for all international as well as domestic students that want to pursue a PhD study in Zero Dimensional Symmetry at the University of New Castle. Students with relevant qualifications and an excellent hold on English will be considered for this annual award worth $28,597.
User Review( votes)
The University of Newcastle, informally known as Newcastle University, is an Australian public university ranked 207th in the world by QS World University Rankings. It bears a purpose to deliver an exceptional student experience.
Why choose to study at the University of Newcastle? The students at Newcastle have access to world-class programs, inspiring and collaborative learning environments, and opportunities to put theory into practice with real-world experiences. They are given an opportunity to learn from passionate and talented teaching staff that have strong industry connections and experience.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2021
- University or Organization: University of Newcastle
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $28,597
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Australian nationals and students from other overseas countries are both eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD study programme in the field of Zero Dimensional Symmetry can be applied for at the University of Newcastle.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must demonstrate skills in (topological) group theory, computational algebra, graph theory, and combinatorics and also have programming skills.
- The applicants must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to apply online via the student application portal of the university. Candidates interested in the scholarship have to send an email expressing their interest to[email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are to provide scanned copies of their academic transcripts, CV, a brief statement of their research interests, and a proposal that specifically links them to the research project.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have masters or First Class Honours in mathematics or equivalent.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit copies of English Language qualification, or details of English proficiency, or evidence of recognized qualification wholly conducted and assessed in English, of at least one year FTE duration, from an exempt country, or evidence of recognized qualification completed within the last five years wholly conducted and assessed in English, of at least two years FTE duration, from a non-exempt country.
The University of Newcastle will provide the selected student’s stipend at the ARC PhD 2021 rate of $28,597 per annum up to 3.5 years including $1,500 for relocation purposes and Overseas Students Health Cover.