The Department of Physics & Astronomy is accepting the applications for a fully-funded PhD studentship in Quantum optical cavities at the University of Exeter.
The educational award is activated for both UK & EU students who have a plan to take part in PhD degree coursework for the academic year 2020/21.
A trustworthy offer to get study fund for PhD study in the UK
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1955, the University of Exeter is a public research university that offers a wide range of foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs.
Why at the University of Exeter? This university has a range of initiatives including internship opportunities, careers and employability advisory services to all deserving international students.
Application Deadline: February 17, 2020
- University: University of Exeter
- Department: Department of Physics & Astronomy
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,009
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: UK/EU Students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Aspirants from UK &EU are eligible to apply for the program.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Pursue PhD degree will be awarded in Quantum Optical Cavities.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants for this studentship must have obtained, or be about to obtain, a First or Upper Second Class UK Honours degree, or the equivalent qualifications gained outside the UK, in an appropriate area of science or technology.
- Applicants are expected to have the experimental experiences in solid-state/external-cavity diode lasers, laser frequency locking to the resonator and atomic transition, and fibre optics. The basic knowledge on the theoretical quantum optics, such as light-mater interaction & laser physics is highly desirable.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the award, applicants can apply online using this application portal, where you will be able to submit your research proposal.
- Supporting Documents: In the application process you will be asked to upload several documents such as CV, Letter of application, Transcript(s) and If you are not a national of a majority English-speaking country you will need to submit evidence of your proficiency in English
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission at the university, applicants are required to meet the entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language you will need to have achieved at least 6.0 in IELTS and no less than 6.0 in any section by the start of the project.
This award provides annual funding to cover UK/EU tuition fees and a tax-free stipend. For students who pay UK/EU tuition fees the award will cover the tuition fees in full, plus at least £15,009 per year tax-free stipend.