The Loughborough University London announces new studentships for 2019. Up to nine full tuition studentships are available for UK and EU students.
Loughborough University London is located in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park within a new innovation quarter known as Here East. Established exclusively for postgraduate study and research, Loughborough University London combines influential thought leaders, pioneering researchers and creative innovators to deliver one of the best postgraduate experiences the UK has to offer.
The standard University IELTS English language requirements are 6.5 overall with 6.0 in each individual element (reading, writing, listening and speaking). Some departments may require higher levels English language.
- Applications Deadline: November 24, 2018
- Course Level: Studentships are available to pursue PhD programs.
- Study Subject: Techné supports high quality candidates to pursue the ‘craft’ of research through innovative, interdisciplinary and creative approaches to the study of the arts and humanities. Studentships are awarded to support research projects with the Institute for Design Innovation and the Institute for Media and Creative Industries.
- Scholarship Award: The studentships cover the full cost of your tuition fees, including registration, doctoral training and access to facilities. Some studentship also includes a tax-free stipend to support travel and living expenses. Subject to AHRC eligibility criteria, Techné studentships cover tuition fees and an additional stipend for three years’ full-time, or part-time equivalent for six years. Stipend rates for 2019-20 are yet to be announced; however the stipend for 2018-19 was £16,777. International students are not eligible to apply for AHRC studentships and EU students are eligible for fees only.
- Nationality: Studentships are available to UK and EU students.
- Number of Scholarships: Nine studentships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Studentships are available to UK and EU students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
An honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent overseas qualification and a relevant master’s degree.
English Language Requirements: The standard University IELTS English language requirements is 6.5 overall with 6.0 in each individual element (reading, writing, listening and speaking). Some departments may require higher levels English language.
How to Apply: In order to be considered, you need to apply to, and be recommended by Loughborough University London: you cannot apply directly to TECHNE. Under programme name, please select Media and Creative Industries from the list.