Ghent University is offering 5 fully funded PhD Studentships starting between 1st November 2017 and 2nd January 2018. These studentships in Precision Agriculture are available in Precision Soil and Crop Engineering Group (SiTeMan), within the Department of Soil Management, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering.
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research within a wide range of scientific domains.
User Review( votes)
Course Level: Studentships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Studentships are awarded in Precision Agriculture within the Department of Soil Management, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering.
List of Subjects: The following 5 PhD projects are available under this project:
- Site-specific fertilisation.
- Site-specific manure injection.
- Site-specific pesticide applications.
- Site-specific soil compaction management.
- Site-specific seed rate management.
- University offer fully funded PhD positions starting between 1st November 2017 and 2nd January 2018. They offer approx. €23787 per year (€1982 per month) based on a full working week (38 hours).
- Candidates will have the opportunity to work within a stimulating research environment within the SiTeMan Group with interdisciplinary team comprising of agricultural engineers, soil scientists, agronomists and data mining experts, where many international collaborations are foreseen.
The award can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility: The candidate should fulfil the following requirements:
- Have or will soon have an MSc degree in Agriculture Engineering, Biosystems Engineering, Agronomy, Mechatronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Should have knowledge in the use of basic engineering software and modelling languages, such as, MATLAB Toolbox, LabVIEW, DaisyLab, AutoCAD, or C++…..
- Desirable to have knowledge in sensing technologies, modelling and control theory.
- Good contextual understanding of agricultural systems, precision agriculture and the ability to work in the field with agriculture machinery.
- Good practical problem solver / Ability to find appropriate solutions to academic and technical problems.
- Ability to work as a member of a team within a dynamic research group.
Nationality: Citizens of Belgium are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have MSc degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: The candidate should have a high level of proficiency in English sufficient to communicate effectively with colleagues and write papers and reports.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted by not latter that 30th September, 2017, enclosing the following documents:
- Cover letter outlining your motivation, research and teaching experience.
- Detailed CV and publication record.
- Your MSc degree or an interim document if you are still finishing your MSc.
- A verified transcript of your MSc and BSc degrees.
- Indicate your interest in the above 5 PhD projects.
- Two reference letters from academic members.
Applications should be submitted via email with subject ‘PhD Positionsunder Odysseus project‡ to project promoter Prof. Abdul Mouazen.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 30, 2017.