The University of Sheffield is inviting applications for its two fully-funded 3-year PhD Positionsat Sheffield Methods Institute.
The studentships Funding is available only for Home and EU students commencing PhD degree in September 2020 at the University of Sheffield.
Acceptable option to get fully-funded PhD study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
As is an interdisciplinary department at the University of Sheffield, SMI was launched in 2014. Sheffield Methods Institute is committed to excellence in interdisciplinary teaching and research.
Why at the University of Sheffield? Sheffield is one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching. It is a research university with a global reputation for excellence.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Sheffield
- Department: Sheffield Methods Institute (SMI)
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Two
- Nationality: UK and EU
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: Applications are available only for the UK and EU
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program is available for 3-year PhD within the Faculty of Social Sciences of SMI. The PhD project should be related to one or more of the SMI’s research themes: Inequality, Social Justice and Inclusion, Mobility and Migration, Participation, and Methods and Methodology.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, students should have a good first degree (at least a 2:1) and an excellent social science Masters-level degree (a mark of at least 65 in the UK system, or equivalent) that comprehensively covers research design and methods such as the MA in Social Research at the SMI.
- Conditional offers can be made for students currently on such a Masters-level course.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In the first instance, students are encouraged to take admission at SMI for 3-year PhD through the university’s central PGR admissions system. Before it, applicants make contact with a prospective primary supervisor in SMI that they would like to work with, with a 1-2 page outline of the PhD project that they would like to undertake.
- Supporting Documents: Proof of your previous degrees, Academic references, English language certificates, A supporting statement that includes a research proposal, and Curriculum vitae (CV)/resume
- Entry Requirements: If the supervisor agrees, you will work that idea up into a 2-page proposal.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have a strong English language ability to conduct PhD study at Sheffield, UK.
The studentships available are for three year PhD only that commencing September 2020. The rewards include:
- Full-tuition fees at the Home/EU rate as £4406 in 2020/21
- An annual maintenance grant for three years at the standard RCUK rate as £15,285 in 2020/21
- A £2000 Research and Training Support Grant across the three years