Applications for 2021/20 are open for York Graduate Research School Scholarships for overseas research students at the University of York in the UK.
The University of York is a collegiate plate glass research university located in the city of York, England. Established in 1963, the campus university has expanded to more than thirty departments and centres, covering a wide range of subjects.
User Review( votes)
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Applications Deadline: January 31, 2020
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue research degrees at the University.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: These prestigious programme, awarded by the York Graduate Research School, offer full funding (covering 100% of tuition fees, a stipend commensurate with the UKRI rate, plus a research training support grant) for the duration of a student’s enrolment period.
YGRS Overseas Research Scholarships
- Number available to be confirmed
- 100% fee waiver
- Approximately £15,000 stipend for each year of successful study (valid for three years or the duration of the student’s enrolment period)
- A research training support grant (RTSG)
- Nationality: The studentships are open to international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Number available to be confirmed.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: The studentships are open to international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Eligible students must:
- Have applied for a place of study at York by 31 January 2021
- Be liable to pay tuition fees at the international rate
- Start their research studies in the 2021/20 academic year (between 1 October 2021 and 1 September 2020)
Applicants cannot hold a 100% tuition fee scholarship from elsewhere or be fully sponsored.
Applicants for the following pathways are not eligible to apply for the YGRS Overseas Research Scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- International Pathway College
- Kaplan International College London
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply: There isn’t a separate application form for these endowments. Depending on your application status, you can be considered for these awards in two ways:
At the point of application
- Select the ‘UoY Overseas Research Scholarship’ option from the drop-down menu when asked how you intend to finance your studies.
If you’ve already applied for your place of study
- Email the Postgraduate Administrator in the department you’ve applied to and ask them to add the ‘UoY Overseas Research Scholarship’ tag to your formal programme application before the deadline.