The German Bundestag is delighted to announce German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships (IPS) in Germany, 2019. They invite highly motivated graduates from the Arab region to take part in a scholarship program in Berlin in September 2019.
In 2019, for the eighth time, the German Bundestag is once again offering a scholarship program for politically engaged young graduates from the Arab region who are interested in the German parliamentary system and play an active role in promoting core democratic values in their home countries.
A fine program for students
User Review( votes)
The German Bundestag is the national Parliament of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its seat is the Reichstag Building in Berlin. In the current electoral term, Parliament is composed of 709 Members.
Course Level: The scholarship is open to pursuing graduates program.
Study Subject(s): The scholarship will be awarded to the applicants who are interested in the German parliamentary system and play an active role in promoting core democratic values in their home countries.
Scholarship Award: Participants will receive a monthly scholarship of 500 euros. The Bundestag will also cover the costs of health, accident and personal liability insurance. In addition, accommodation in an apartment complex (two people sharing) will be provided free of charge, and the costs of travel to and from Berlin covered.
Scholarship can be taken at Germany
Eligibility: Eligible candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Citizenship of an Arab country
- Under the age of 35 at the start of the scholarship
- University degree
- Very good knowledge of German
- An interest in politics, and social/political commitment
Nationality: Citizens of an Arab country are eligible to apply.
Supporting Material: Send your completed online application documents by email as a PDF-file, with the file name consisting of your surname followed by your given name (i.e. surname-first name), to the German mission in your home country. Your application should be submitted in German and include the following scanned documents:
- Passport photo (please attach this to the first page of the application form);
- Application form (available online at: www.bundestag.de/ips_arabisch);
- Evidence of very good knowledge of German;
- Personal statement of reasons for applying (maximum of two pages);
- Copy of passport or ID card;
- Certified copy of university degree certificate1;
- Letter of recommendation in German or English (from a university professor or employer, assessing the applicant’s qualification for the program).
Copies are officially certified when they have been signed and stamped by a recognized authority (a German or foreign public authority, an embassy or consulate of the Federal Republic of Germany, a university, notary, or translator/interpreter registered with the public authorities) to confirm that they are a true copy of the original. If several photocopies are stapled together, each individual copy must be certified in this way. Unless documents are properly certified, the application cannot be processed.
How to Apply: Applicants should apply via email.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2019