Applications are being accepted from outstanding students for the Getty Scholar Grants. The funding program is offered by the Getty Foundation in the United States.
The main purpose of this award is to provide financial support to the researchers of all nationalities who are working in the arts, humanities, or social sciences.
A wonderful opportunity for international students to get educational fund in the USA.
User Review( votes)
In 1993, the Foundation launched the Multicultural Undergraduate Internship Program to increase staff diversity within visual arts organizations in the Los Angeles County. It had approximately 30 full-time and part-time employees, and a budget of $27.8 million.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2021
- Provider: The Getty Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Awards: Up to $65,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of award(s): Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Study Subject(s): Grants are available for researchers who are working in the arts, humanities or social sciences to pursue their own projects at the Getty Research Institute.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the candidates must have a masters degree from a recognized university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply Applicants are required to complete and submit the online Getty Residential Scholar application form, which includes completing an online information sheet, and uploading a Project Proposal, Curriculum Vitae, and optional Writing Sample.
- Supporting Documents: Project Proposal: Each application must include a description of the applicant’s proposed plan for study and research (not to exceed five pages, typed and double-spaced). The description should indicate (1) how the project bears upon the scholar year theme and (2) how the project would be advanced by the resources at the Getty, including its library and collections. Curriculum Vitae and Optional Writing Sample
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The Getty Foundation will provide all the following study expenses and Getty Scholars may be in residence from three to nine months:
- Three-month residency: September to December, January to April, April to June: $21,500
- Six-month residency: September to April, January to June: $43,000
- Nine-month residency: September to June: $65,000