Are you looking for an offer to finance your study? With GFOA Scholarships, you can achieve your educational goal. Students paying attention to pursuing a career in state/provincial or local government finance are eligible to apply.
The primary purpose of this opportunity is to encourage and support educational opportunities for future government finance officers. The program opens to support and recognize the outstanding USA and Canadian students enrolled in the course of study and preparing for a career in state or local government finance.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1906, Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) represents public finance officials throughout the United States and Canada. In the association, more than 20,000 members are federal, state or provincial, and local finance officials who are deeply involved in planning, financing, and implementing thousands of governmental operations in each jurisdiction. The Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada’s mission is to advance excellence in public finance.
Application Deadline: Friday, December 30, 2022, at 5:00 pm Eastern Time. The application will be available beginning on November 1.
- University or Organization: Government Finance Officers Association
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Full-time; graduate level
- Award: Ranging from $5000 to $20000
- Number of Awards: 11
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: the United States and Canada
- The award can be taken in the United States and Canada
- Eligible Countries: The United States or Canada
- Eligible Course or Subjects:
- Goldberg-Miller Public Finance Scholarship: Full-time graduate level – Not specified, but should have a relationship to state/local government finance.
- Frank L. Greathouse Government Accounting Scholarship: Full-time, graduate, or upper-level undergraduate in Accounting.
- Minorities In Government Finance Scholarship: For Full- or part-time; graduate or upper-level undergraduate – Public administration, (governmental) accounting, finance, political science, economics, or business administration (with a specific focus on government or nonprofit management)
- Government Finance Professional Development Scholarship: Part-time; graduate-level – Public administration, (governmental) accounting, finance, economics, or business administration (with a specific focus on government)
- Jeffrey L. Esser Career Development Scholarship: Part-time pursuing an associate’s or bachelor’s – public administration, (governmental) accounting, finance, or business administration (with a specific focus on government)
- Eligibility Criteria: Students interested in future funding opportunities should keep in mind the following:
- Candidates must be a citizen or permanent residents of the United States or Canada
- Should have a plan or aim to pursue a career in state/provincial or local government finance
- The student has not been a past winner of a GFOA scholarship.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online.
- How to Apply: To apply for the 2023 academic scholarships, applicants must submit an online application that will be open on Tuesday, November 1, 2022.
- Supporting Documents: When you apply for this program, you must complete all the required criteria– Letter of Recommendation: Someone who can speak to your commitment to the public sector (Address all letters to the GFOA Scholarship Committee)
- Admission Requirements:
Students must have a career plan in state/provincial and local government finance.
Students need to submit their academic records and work experience.
All candidates should have the strength of coursework and demonstrate a connection between coursework and career goals.
- Language Requirement: English (Canada and the United States)
GFOA provides several scholarship opportunities ranging from $5000 to $20000.
- Goldberg-Miller Public Finance Scholarship: One $20,000 award
- Frank L. Greathouse Government Accounting Scholarship: Two $10,000 awards
- Minorities In Government Finance Scholarship: One $10,000 award
- Government Finance Professional Development Scholarship: Four $10,000 awards
- Jeffrey l. Esser Career Development Scholarship: $5,000 to $15,000; one to three yearly awards.