UNU-CRIS is inviting applications for PhD Scholarships for research at Ghent University in Belgium. Students from all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The aim is to obtain a doctoral degree within a time span of 4 years. Keep in mind that these scholarships are very competitive and that we are looking for outstanding proposals and excellent study results.
User Review( votes)
The mission of UNU-CRIS is to contribute to achieving the universal goals of the UN and UNU through comparative and interdisciplinary research and training for a better understanding of the processes and consequences of intra- and inter-regional integration. The aim is to act as a think tank that generates policy-relevant knowledge about new forms of governance and cooperation and to contribute to capacity building on issues of integration and cooperation, particularly in developing countries.
- Application Deadline: May 8, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: UNU-CRIS welcomes in particular proposals that fit one of its research programmes, but other proposals that relate to the UN and its goals could also be considered.
- Scholarship Award: The amount of the scholarship is approximately € 2.070 per month, depending on the family status of the scholar. Based on the advice of the Research Council, a bench fee of € 7.440 (€ 310/month) will be awarded to the supervisor per term of 2 years.
- Nationality: All nationalities
- Number of Scholarships: Two PhD scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
No restrictions on nationality or age. Only for candidates with excellent study results during the entire study career.
English Language Requirements: To be able to determine the proficiency of someone’s knowledge of Dutch or English, Ghent University uses the Common European Framework Reference for Foreign Languages. There are six foreign language proficiency levels and is a basis for the recognition of language qualifications.
How to Apply: Click here to find all information about the application procedure and all the application forms. To apply for a doctoral scholarship with the UNU-CRIS label, your project proposal will need to be supported by an official statement by the Director of UNU-CRIS, Prof. Madeleine Hosli. For more information, please contact Pascale Vantorre (pvantorre-at-cris.unu.edu) with CC to Ewout Ramon (eramon-at-cris.unu.edu).