The Keio University is offering scholarships for international students to pursue Global Information and Governance Academic (GIGA) Program. Students who complete the course are awarded a Bachelor of Arts in Environment and Information Studies.
This scholarship is awarded to hard-working students who display an aptitude for an interest in advanced information technology and policy and seek to contribute to the global society using their acquired knowledge and skills.
User Review( votes)
Keio University opened its fifth university campus in Shonan Fujisawa in 1990. Located near the metropolis of Yokohama, Fujisawa is the ideal haven for academic endeavors with its quiet atmosphere.
- Applications deadline: February 7, 2019 (“Application Documents to be Submitted by Postal Mail” must reach our office by this date.)
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing bachelor’s programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study Global Information and Governance Academic (GIGA) Program.
- Award: Mentor Mitakai funding for International Students:
- Admission Fee and Academic Fees for one year: The scholarship recipient will be exempt from payment of the admission fee and academic fees for one year starting September 2019.
(For students who show exceptional academic excellence only): Merit Scholarship Supplement JPY 1,200,000 per year Students who show exceptional academic excellence will also receive the program supplement.
MASATADA KOBAYASHI funding for International Students:
- JPY 1,000,000 per year
- The sponsorship will be appropriated to the payment of academic fees required at the time of entering the University. The aid amount less the academic fees for the 2019 Fall Semester will be paid into the program recipient’s bank account.
- Nationality: International Students
- Number of Awards: Mentor Mitakai funding for International Students: Up to four for Fall 2019 Enrollment., MASATADA KOBAYASHI funding for International Students: Two for Fall 2019 Enrollment
- The award can be taken in Japan
Eligible Countries: The studentships are open to international students.
Entrance Requirements: The following eligibility requirements apply to both of two scholarships. To be considered for these endowments, you must:
- Be accepted through Admissions for Overseas Students (GIGA Program) to enter the Faculty of Policy Management or the Faculty of Environment and Information Studies in September 2018
- Be an incoming first-year student
- Be a foreign national
Persons who hold any of the following Japanese residency statuses are NOT eligible to receive: Permanent Resident, Special Permanent Resident, Spouse or Child of Japanese National, Spouse or Child of Permanent Resident, or Long Term Resident.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose native language is not English and who do not graduate from a high school that uses English as the medium of instruction are required to submit certification of the official score of any of the following English language proficiency tests taken within two years of the application deadline. Results of other tests may be accepted; however, you should contact the Admissions Office at least two months before the application period to confirm acceptability. There is no minimum required band score, the average score of successful applicants is not announced.
- TOEFL (Institution: 0773 Department: 00)(TOEFL-ITP score not accepted)
- TOEIC (TOEIC-IP score not accepted)
- United Nations Association’s Test of English (UNATE)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test in Practical English Proficiency (EIKEN).
Applicants whose native language is English or whose high school uses English as the medium of instruction are not required to submit results of any of the tests listed above.
How to Apply: If you decide to apply for the opportunity s above, you may register from the Admission Web Entry System of Admissions for Overseas Students (GIGA Program).