Birmingham University is offering twenty fully-funded PhD Positionsfor the UK and EU students. These opportunities are provided for postgraduate researchers to work on pioneering topics that provoke global change through multi-faceted research.
The aim of The grants is to address the key challenges facing the world today through ground-breaking research that impacts the lives of people regionally, nationally and globally.
User Review( votes)
The University of Birmingham is a public research university located in the United Kingdom. Birmingham City University is a large, diverse and increasingly popular place to study. The University has an enviable reputation for providing quality, student-focused education in a professional and friendly environment.
Application Deadline: NA
Course Level: These opportunities are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Number of Awards: Twenty opportunities are available.
The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: The studentships are available to UK/EU applicants.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants usually require a good Honours degree.
- Study Subject: These opportunities are awarded in the following fields:
- Engineering and technology in development contexts (including infrastructure);
- Urbanisation (including global cities)
- Digital technology for inclusive growth
- Sustainable agriculture (including food security)
- Unintended consequences of aid
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Migration and displacement
- Shocks, security, risks, and resilience
- Building effective and inclusive institutions
- Maternal and child health
- Vaccines and infectious disease (including antimicrobial resistance)
- Applicants can apply through the online processor.
How to Apply:
- Apply directly via the University of Birmingham Postgraduate application system, the Postgraduate portal, by clicking ‘Apply online’ on the relevant project below.
- Within the application, at the ‘Programmes open for Admission’ page, please select ‘PhD Global Challenges FT’.
- Please detail the advertised supervisor and project title under the ‘Research Information’ section of the application form.
- Please note, as a standard application process, you will be asked to submit a proposal as part of your application. Please complete “Global Challenges PhD Scholarship: project title” for this section as you will be applying for an established project by the supervisor.
Funding is hard to find for postgraduate study. You could help give a postgraduate student a Global Challenges PhD scholarship, covering fees and living costs, so they can focus on the world’s big problems without worrying about affording food and books.
These financial aid positions will cover the followings:
- Full payment of tuition fees at the UK/EU fee level of £4,270, to be paid by the University;
- An annual tax-free doctoral stipend at £14,764, to be paid in monthly instalments to the Global Challenges scholar by the University;
- The tenure of the award can be for up to 3.5 years (42 months).