For the academic year 2018-2021, SASP is offering two full Doctoral Studentships for home, EU and overseas students.
St Andrews and Stirling Graduate Programme in Philosophy (SASP) is taught by the Philosophy Departments in the Universities of St Andrews and Stirling. The philosophy graduate programmes of St Andrews and Stirling are fully merged for all postgraduate degrees.
Nice option to get this study grant.
User Review( votes)
The SASP course is taught in English. If you are a native speaker and/or if your undergraduate degree was taught in English, then you do not need to provide further evidence of competence in English. If you are not a native speaker and your undergraduate degree was not taught in English, then we require a recognised English Language test.
- Application deadline: January 5, 2021
- Course Level: Studentships are available for pursuing PhD programme. Philosophy
- Study Subject: Studentships are awarded in the field of Philosophy.
- Award: Two full Doctoral Studentships funded by the Philosophical Quarterly (PQ) journal which will provide maintenance of £14,800 per year plus a full fee waiver (at Home/EU level: £4195 per year) for three years.
- Number of Awards: There are two scholarships available.
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Home, EU or Overseas students are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: If you have a Masters degree (in philosophy) which is equivalent to the SASP MLitt, then you may be considered for direct entry to the PhD or MPhil.
- English Language Requirements: University normally requires a TOEFL score of 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based), or 100 (internet-based). A copy of your TOEFL certificate will be sufficient. Alternatively an IELTS score of 7.00. (Ideally, we prefer the IELTS exam.)
- How to Apply:
- There is no additional application form to be filled in – you will be automatically considered for funding (unless you indicate otherwise).
- All SASP applicants must complete the University of St Andrews application process. Your application must be accompanied by two academic references, a transcript of your academic record, and the required application form.