Monash University is offering Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarships for international students. The university is accepting applications for the academic session 2023/2024.
The educational program is open for international students who wish to pursue a PhD in any of the following subject areas: School of Arts and Social Sciences (SASS), School of Business (SOB), School of Engineering (SOE), School of Information Technology (SOIT), School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SOM), School of Pharmacy (SOP), School of Science (SOS).
It is a beneficial offer for international students.
User Review( votes)
This scholarship provides 100% tuition fee coverage for the successful applicant. Malaysian and international students are encouraged to apply. To be eligible, students must be accepted into a higher-degree research PhD program at Monash University.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2022.
- Organization: Monash University
- Department: N/A
- Course level: PhD
- Award Amount: 100% tuition fee
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Subject: Research degree program in the following subject area: School of Arts and Social Sciences (SASS), School of Business (SOB), School of Engineering (SOE), School of Information Technology (SOIT), School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SOM), School of Pharmacy (SOP), School of Science (SOS)
- Nationality: Domestic and International student
- Eligible Countries: Malaysian and International students can apply.
- Eligibility: Students can apply for higher degree research PhD student offered at Monash University.
- The award can be taken in Malaysia.
The Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship (GEMS) program at Monash University Malaysia is designed to attract the best and brightest PhD students from around the world. The program offers 15 scholarships each year from 2022 to 2024, and scholarship recipients will be funded for 39 months. Each PhD student will be supervised by a team of staff in Malaysia and Australia, and as such, the program will include a paid placement in Australia for up to 12 months. The GEMS program provides an excellent opportunity for talented students to work with top-class research teams on some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
To be eligible for GEMS, you must possess a minimum academic qualification of First Class Honours (H1) or its equivalence (H1E) recognized by Monash Malaysia.
How To Apply
To apply for the Monash GEMS program, you will need to fill out an online application form and submit the following documents:
- Academic transcripts (Certified true copies with grading scales)
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement on why you think are suited for the GEMS program (300 words)
- Research proposals for up to 2 preferred research topics
- Proof of English proficiency (Based on Monash University English language requirements)
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a panel interview. Successful applicants will be sent an Invitation to Apply letter with instructions on how to complete their application.
100% tuition fee waiver for three years and three months under the Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship (GEMS).
- The period in Malaysia: a monthly stipend of RM 2,800 for 27 months.
- The period in Australia: an annual stipend of AUD 37,000 up to 12 months.
- A grant to cover travel and initial cost of living expenses in Australia.