Brown University has set up a mind-blowing Global Health Scholarships program to help deserving students to pursue further studies in the USA.
The scholarships program provides an opportunity to work on a critical global health research issue impacting a foreign/international low and middle-income country.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1764, Brown is a leading research university home to world-renowned faculty, and also an innovative educational institution where the curiosity, creativity, and intellectual joy of students drives academic excellence.
Why choose to study at Brown University? They are a learning community grounded in a commitment of respect for the diversity of viewpoints that is fundamentally essential to intellectual discovery. We encourage the right of all individuals to express ideas and perspectives and they embrace the value of vigorous debate in pursuit of knowledge.
Application Deadline: 1 November 2021.
- University or Organization: Brown University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in undergraduate any subject offered by Brown University in the USA.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- be a Brown medical student in the Division of Biology, a Brown medical student, graduate student in the Division of Biology or the School of Public Health, a resident or fellow from a Brown affiliated hospital or a Brown undergraduate concentrating in biology, public health, or in the PLME program.
- have a demonstrated interest and/or have engaged in activities related to global health.
- have taken or propose to take academic courses in preparation for global health work.
- have a proposed plan for global health work with a scholarly activity related to research, service, or advocacy.
- describe the Brown University faculty mentoring available for the proposed global health activity, and provide a required letter of support from the mentor.
- be returning to campus the academic year following the completion of the project
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this application, you first need to apply for your chosen undergraduate degree program. Once you receive an offer of admission, you can apply for this scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: Project proposal (5 pages max) including the following sections: title, location, name of a foreign institution, dates of the study period, objective and specific aims, background and significance, methods or clinical rotation, data collection procedures, plan for data analysis, plan for dissemination, and a detailed budget.
- Letter of Support from Faculty Mentor.
- Letter of Support from Host Adviser.
- Current CV or resume.
- Admission Requirements: Students must submit SAT and ACT scores.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Each successful scholar will receive the scholarship amount of $3500 to cover their study expenses in the USA.