Applications are invited for Global Korea Scholarship for African and Latin American Undergraduate Students to study in Korea. The program seeks to nurture future leaders who will contribute to the development of global society and to the friendship between Korea and their home country.
This scholarship is designed to provide in-depth academic training and invaluable experience in Korea.
User Review( votes)
Dongseo University (DSU) is a private research university in Busan, the second largest city of South Korea. Established in 1992 through the Dongseo Educational Foundation, it provides higher education to approximately 11,000 full-time students, including roughly 1000 international students from 69 countries.
- Application Deadline: April 13, 2018
- Course Level: This is a training programme available to undergraduate students.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Material Science and Engineering.
- Scholarship Award: Benefits: round-trip air ticket, room and board, and health insurance
- Nationality: Available for Latin American Undergraduate Students.
- Number of Scholarships: 20 undergraduate students from Latin America
- Scholarship can be taken in Korea
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Available for Latin American Undergraduate Students.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
GKS Scholarship Program Overview
- Be a citizen of a Latin American country
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student in the second to fourth year at a university/college located in a Latin American country
- Be fluent in English (TOEFL 530, IELTS 5.5 or equivalent level)
- Currently study in an academic field such as Computer Engineering, Game Engineering or Digital Design
- Be mentally and physically healthy
- Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean culture and life in Korea
English Language Requirements: Applicant must be fluent in English (TOEFL 530, IELTS 5.5 or equivalent level)
How to Apply:
- Choose one of the institutions listed according to your major. You are ineligible to apply to more than one university. Multiple applications will be excluded during the final selection process.
- Submit all required documents to the application office of the chosen institution.
- If you pass the document screening process, you will be invited for an interview. Interviews will be conducted by either Skype or phone.
- The chosen institution will nominate students to NIIED, which will make the final decisions and announce the successful applicants for each university.
- Completed application form
- Copy of your passport’s information page
- Proof of enrollment at your current university/college
- Original sealed transcript from your current university
- Self-introduction and research plan
- Letter of recommendation from an academic source
- Additional documents may be required for the screening process