The University of New South Wales offers a Fellowship to students who are enrolled in their UNSW Law & Justice degree program. This Fellowship provides AU$6,500 to help cover the costs of tuition and other associated expenses. This is a great opportunity for international students who are interested in studying law at one of Australia’s top universities. To be eligible for this Fellowship, students must be enrolled in a UG, JD, or LLM degree program at the University of New South Wales.
Application Deadline: October 9, 2022
User Review( votes)
- Organization: University of New South Wales
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Fellowship
- Award Amount: AU$6,500
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International Student
- Eligible Countries: Australia
- Eligibility: Students can apply for the UG, JD, or LLM.UNSW Law & Justice degree offered at the University of New South Wales.
- The award can be taken in Australia.
The Australian Human Rights Institute’s Global Student Fellowship Program enables UNSW students to undertake a fellowship with a leading international development or human rights-based organization. The fellowship will provide students with experience in building a career pathway in human rights and development, and grow their network.
Fellowships are for no less than six weeks and will take place during the university summer break (flexible, usually between December-February and may involve a mix of in-person and virtual participation). The fellowship period will be determined in conjunction with the relevant organization and may be flexible on hours/timing during this period. This is an excellent opportunity for students interested in developing a career in human rights and development to gain valuable experience and insights.
- Applicants?must be a student enrolled in?a UG, JD, or LLM?UNSW Law & Justice?degree by?coursework?(both?full-time or part-time?permitted at the time and for the duration of the fellowship).
- Applicants must have a WAM of 70+ at the time of applying.
- Applicants?must have the ability to complete the fellowship without compromising their studies,?including assessments and?examination periods.
- Applicants?must be willing to write a report on the?fellowship?experience?as well as submit a personal profile?for the Australian Human Rights Institute website?and associated communications.
- Applicants?must have a demonstrated interest in human rights?and/or development issues.
- LAW Undergraduate students: completion of 78 UOC in LAWS courses
- LAW JD students: completion of 72 UOC of JURD courses
- LAW Postgraduate students: academic program must be 9200, 9201, 9231, 9235, 9285, 9214, 9281, 9225 or 9240
How to Apply
To apply for the Global Student Fellowship, please complete the application form and include the following documents:
- Your CV, including your education, professional and volunteer experience (max. 2 pages)
- A cover letter outlining your reasons for applying for the Fellowship, your preferences with justification, and your interest in the work and mission of each organization you are applying for (max. 500 words)
- Your academic transcript
Once you have completed the form and gathered all the required documents, please submit your application for review. We will then get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
The 2022 program?is supported in part by the Ingram Fund for International Law and Development and?will provide an award of AU$6,500 to?each UNSW Law student selected to?support?the fellowship. If participating in an overseas opportunity, this same award applies and could be used to support your travel costs.