Google is pleased to offer Software Engineering Intern, Waterloo Co-op, for Summer 2018. Interns must be currently participating in the University of Waterloo co-op program and enrolled in a full-time Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical field, returning to BA/BS program or enrolled in another full-time degree program after completion of the internship. This is a paid internship programme offered for the duration of 12 to 14 weeks.
Field of Internship: Software Engineering Internship programme.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Google
Internship can be taken in the USA (Sunnyvale, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Bruno, CA, USA; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Madison, WI, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Irvine, CA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA)
User Review( votes)
Eligibility: Minimum qualifications:
- Currently participating in the University of Waterloo co-op program and enrolled in a full-time Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical field, returning to BA/BS program or enrolled in another full-time degree program after completion of the internship.
- Completed projects (inside or outside of school) or classes focused on Data Structures and Algorithms; experience with algorithms, using data structures to solve problems, and interpreting algorithms and contributing ideas to their development.
- Experience with linear coding and use language features when necessary (e.g., data structures, branching, function-calls, and conditionals).
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with an expected graduation date in 2019.
- Ability to manipulate code to improve system availability and latency and optimize code for stability, functionality and scalability for a segment of Google’s infrastructure, service area, or within a technology domain (e.g., crawling, search, troubleshooting).
- Ability to isolate problems to a database subsystem.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship.
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
Internship Description: Join us for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, executive speaker series, and community-building. This program will give you an opportunity to work on complex computer science solutions, develop scalable, distributed software systems and also collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal – which requires research, awareness, interactivity, and asking questions.
From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another. We focus on being a collaborative, global organization consisting of engineers who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on users. As a Software Engineering Intern, you will work on our core products and services as well as those who support critical functions of our engineering operations.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: This is a 12-14 week internship programme.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Internship Application Deadline: Contact Employer