Google is pleased to offer Software Engineering Internship, BS/MS, for fall 2018. Applicants must be currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science or related technical field and returning to a full-time degree program after completion of the internship.
International applicants are eligible to apply for this internship program.
User Review( votes)
Field of Internship: Internship is offered in the field of Software Engineering.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Google
Internship can be taken in USA (By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA; Boulder, CO; Cambridge, MA; Chicago, IL; Irvine, CA; Kirkland, WA; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY, USA; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; San Bruno, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA; Sunnyvale, CA)
- Currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science or related technical field and returning to a full-time degree program after completion of the internship.
- Completed projects (inside or outside of school) or classes focused on Data Structures and Algorithms; experience with algorithms, using data structures to solve problems, and interpreting algorithms and contributing ideas to their development.
- Experience with linear coding and use language features when necessary (e.g. data structures, branching, function-calls, and conditionals).
- Expected graduation date in 2019.
- Ability to develop thorough testing solutions across testing layers (e.g. unit, functional, integration, stress testing).
- Ability to manipulate code to improve system availability and latency, and to optimize code for stability, functionality and scalability for a segment of Google’s infrastructure, service area, or within a specific technology domain (e.g. crawling, search, troubleshooting).
- Ability to isolate problems to a database subsystem.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
Internship Open for International Students: International applicants are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
Internship Description: Software Engineers at Google are researchers and developers who yearn to create and implement complex computer science solutions. Our engineers develop massively scalable, distributed software systems and also collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal – which requires research, awareness, interactivity, and asking questions. You build strong competencies in data structures and algorithms, along with a technical fascination for how stuff fits together. You need to have a solid foundation in computer science in order to consistently come up with new ideas as well as strive for a deep understanding of our products and services in order to continually improve upon them. We focus on being a collaborative, global organization consisting of engineers with the highest levels of technical depth, programming skills and a keen eye for quality.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: The duration of this fall internship is 12-14 weeks.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Internship Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until June 29, 2018.