The Government Communications Security Bureau is offering GCSB Women in STEM Scholarship. Scholarships are open to female second-year tertiary students and above (including Honours and Masters students) intending to take a full-time course of study in science, technology, computer engineering, mathematics, data science and cybersecurity at any New Zealand tertiary institution.
The scholarship is available for New Zealand citizen Zealand Permanent Residence or holds a current New Zealand Residency United Kingdom, Canada, and United States of America.
User Review( votes)
The Government Communications Security Bureau (GCSB) is a public service department with its head office in Wellington, New Zealand. GCSB contributes to New Zealand’s national security by providing information assurance and cybersecurity to the New Zealand Government and critical infrastructure organizations.
- Application Deadline: October 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to study postgraduate
- Study Subject: Scholarships are available for the course of study in science, technology, computer engineering, mathematics, data science
- Scholarship Award: The value of this award is $10,000, which can be spread over three years depending on your study plans. Note, no more than $5,000 will be allocated in any one year
- Nationality: New Zealand citizens.
- Number of scholarship: Up to three scholarships
- Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: New Zealand citizen for at least 10 years or hold New Zealand Permanent Residence or hold a current New Zealand Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of United Kingdom, Canada, United States of America
- Entrance Requirement: To be eligible for GCSB Tertiary Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be female students over the age of 18 years.
- Have been a New Zealand citizen for at least 10 years or hold New Zealand Permanent Residence or hold a current New Zealand Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of United Kingdom, Canada, United States of America or Australia for at least 10 years.
- Have enrolled, or been accepted to enrol, in a full-time degree majoring in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) at an approved NZQA accredited tertiary provider in New Zealand for the next academic year.
- Be eligible to obtain and keep a national security clearance.
- English Language Requirements: if you are from a majority English speaking country, you may not be required to provide further proof of your English Language proficiency.
How to Apply: Complete the application form and submit this with a copy of your academic transcript