Government of India is offering up to 900 scholarships for African students to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and higher courses programme at Institutions/Universities in India.
The medium of instruction in Indian Universities is English. Candidates must have adequate knowledge of English both in terms of speaking and comprehension abilities.
A fine program for African students in India.
User Review( votes)
- Course Level: Scholarships are awarded to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and higher courses programme at Institutions/Universities in India.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are available to learn any of the courses offered.
- Scholarship Award: Amount/payments made under scholarships are given below:
- Undergraduate 5,500
- Postgraduate 6,000
- Phil. / Ph.D. 7,000
- Post-doctoral Fellow 7,500
- Scholarship can be taken in India
Students applying for doctoral/ post-doctoral courses should include a synopsis of the proposed area of research.
- Students wishing to study performing arts should, if possible, enclose video/ audio cassettes of their recorded performances.
- Candidates must have adequate knowledge of English.
- ICCR will not entertain applications which are sent to ICCR directly by the students of which are sent by local Embassies/High Commissions in New Delhi.
- Priority will be given to students who have never studied in India before.
- No application will be accepted for admission to courses in MBBS/MD or Dentistry/Nursing.
- Candidates may note that Indian universities/educational institution are autonomous and independent and hence have their own eligibility criteria which have to be fulfilled. Please also note that acceptance of the application by the University is also not a guarantee of admission. A scholarship is awarded only when admission is confirmed by ICCR.
- The student must carry a proper visa. Students should ensure that they get the correct visa from the Indian Embassy/High Commission. Government of India guideline stipulate that if a scholar arrives without proper visa and his/her actual admission at the University/Institute does not materialize, he/she will be deported to his/her country.
Nationality: Students of African countries (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Cape Verde, Chad, Ivory Coast, Comoros, Congo (Republic of), Djibouti, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea (concurrent from Nairobi), Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Kenya, Libya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, South Sudan (Republic of), Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sao Tome & Principe, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Please read the instruction before filling out the forms. Please also read the financial terms and conditions.
- The completed and signed application form which should be typed and not handwritten along with other attachments must be e-mailed as a pdf document to the Embassy/ High Commission of India in your country. Six sets of hard copy of application along with 5 photographs should also be delivered to the Embassy/ High Commission of India.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
- English language Requirements:
- Since the medium of, the course in the English language in all the Universities in India, nominated candidates should have good knowledge of English to the extent that they are able to fluently speak in English and comprehend lessons in English without any difficulty.
- The Mission should forward applications of only those candidates who are fluent in speaking English and have good comprehension ability. Missions are required to so certify in the application form of each candidate.
- With the exception of Missions in Francophone countries and Afghanistan, no Mission should certify the English proficiency form unless it is fully satisfied with the speaking and comprehension capacities of the candidates.
Application Deadline: Closed