Its vision is to achieve leadership in Higher Education and global competitiveness in scientific research for the UAE.
Excellent chance for UAE Nationals to Study Abroad.
User Review( votes)
The Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research was established in 1992, for overseeing higher education and scientific research policies in the UAE (UAE).
The applicant must obtain the required score in one of the language tests which he would be eligible to study degree and academic expertise from any one of the higher educational institutions specified by the Ministry.
Application Deadline: Closed
- Programs are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
In order to apply for these grants, applicants must follow the given criteria:
- The applicant must be a UAE passport holder.
- The applicant must submit a health fitness certificate, a certificate of completion/release/deferment from National Service. The applicant must be good conduct.
- The applicant must obtain the required scores in one of the following language tests which will qualify him/her to study the degree and academic specialization from one of the higher educational institutions specified by the Ministry.
- The applicant also must obtain an unconditional academic acceptance stating the total cost of the program in the preferred major(s) and institution(s) specified by the Ministry, prior approval from the Certificate Equivalency Department in the Ministry for the accreditation of the institution, the program of study (major) and the duration of the program.
- If employed, the applicant must obtain a sabbatical leave from his/her employer. The document stating the study leave must include the approved country of study, degree, specialization, duration of the program, method of study (full-time or part-time) and leave type (paid or unpaid).
How to Apply:
- How to apply: To participate, the applicants need to submit an online application. All submitted applications for countries and specialties shall be considered according to the needs of the UAE labor market and national priorities and with the applicability of the education conditions for the year 2016/2017.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, The applicant should attach the following documents with the application form, A copy of high school certificate + equation if obtained from outside the UAE, Transcripts of 10th, 11th, and 12th grades in English, Unconditional academic acceptance, stating the cost of the study, for the academic year, from one of the educational institutions specified, A copy of (TOEFL, IELTS) certificates as described in the above table, Certificate of Exemption / Postponement / Completion from the National Service Authority (for males), Copy of Passport, A copy of Family Book, A copy of ID card, Parental Consent (for high school only), Certificate of Good Conduct, A copy of educational qualification, a transcript + copy of equation; in the case of being obtained from outside the UAE, or copy of attestation; in the case of being obtained from a private educational institution inside the UAE, For Employees: submit a study leave from the employer stating, and study mode, Certificate of community participation, if any.
- Admission Requirements: The applicant must score a minimum of 150 in the CEPA English exam.
Intermediate and Higher diploma applicants: The applicant must maintain a certain GPA (not less than ‘very good’) and meet the free study criteria.
- Language Requirement: The applicant must obtain the required scores in one of the following language tests which will qualify him/her to study the degree and academic specialization from one of the higher educational institutions specified by the Ministry. The required scores are as follows: IELTS Academic: 6.0, TOEFL iBT: 80, TOEFL PBT: 550, TOEFL CBT: 213.
The Government Scholarships will be provided Travel Arrangements & Academic Supplies Allowance, Monthly Stipend, Travel Tickets, Tuition Fees, Scientific Instruments, Health Insurance, Hotel accommodation costs, Masters and Doctorate Dissertation Printing Costs, Freight costs, Accommodation.