South Australian Institute for Educational Leadership (SAIEL) is offering Teachers programme for 2017 intake. These opportunities are available for South Australian public education teachers to study master’s degree programme at South Australian universities.
These opportunities are intended for face-to-face classroom teachers to enhance their subject discipline knowledge.
User Review( votes)
South Australian Institute for Educational Leadership (SAIEL) provides a targeted, coordinated and coherent approach to leadership development in DECD. It maximises development opportunities for current leaders and identifies and develops teachers and middle managers who aspire to school leadership.
The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing masters programme at South Australian universities.
Study Subject: Priority learning areas for opportunities are: Science, Technology, Mathematics, Languages, Literacy, and Numeracy.
Award: A total of 240 financial aid positions will be available over a six-year period. The first round of scholarships was offered in 2014, and these recipients commenced their master’s studies in 2015. Over 60 financial aid positions will be offered as part of the current round. Up to a maximum of $20 000 (GST inclusive) is available for each scholarship recipient. Funding will be paid directly to universities for Masters tuition fees only. Any further costs such as travel, accommodation or TRT release time are not included in the program.
The award can be taken in the Australia
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for a Masters for Teachers Scholarship, applicants must
- Be a currently practising classroom teacher with a permanent position in a South Australian public education site (DECD school/pre-school/children’s centre)
- Have a minimum teaching load of 0.4 FTE
- Have completed at least three (3) calendar years of prior teaching service in a South Australian public education site (DECD school/pre-school/children’s centre)
- Hold full registration with the Teachers Registration Board of SA
- Meet the university requirements to be able to enroll in and complete your nominated master’s qualification.
Nationality: Applicants from South Australia can apply for these endowments.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: To be eligible to apply, applicants must be working at least 0.4FTE with the face-to-face classroom teaching component of their role making up a minimum of 0.4 FTE and have completed at least three years of service as a classroom teacher with DECD as at the due date for applications (i.e. 1 August 2016).
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Candidates should have a very good command over the English language.
How to Apply: To apply, applicant must complete the Application Form, which involves
- Nominating preferred master’s qualification.
- Providing a 1000 word statement to support their chosen qualification, answering the required questions
- Gaining endorsement and signature from their site leader
- Signing and submitting the form via email to decd.masters-at-sa.gov.au by the closing date
Application Deadline: applications close on 1st August 2016.