Graduate Assistantship Energy Express Program
4-H Youth Development
Closing Date: August 8 , 2008
Scheduled Hours: 20 hours per week, not to exceed
Period of Position:
User Review( votes)
August 16, 2008 – May 15, 2009
This position will help to develop, administrate, and implement AmeriCorps recruiting and processing components of Energy Express.
* develop strategies for recruitment of AmeriCorps members;
* develop of recruitment presentation targeting college students;
* develop of recruitment contact network and database;
* make recruiting visits to colleges/universities and career fairs;
* develop press releases to recruit potential AmeriCorps members;
* create orientation materials for new Energy Express AmeriCorps members;
* coordinate Energy Express AmeriCorps personnel records system according to AmeriCorps requirements;
* conduct special projects on an “as needed” basis;
* travel to make presentations about the program.
* Energy Express AmeriCorps experience preferred;
* ability to understand and interpret AmeriCorps provisions as they relate to Energy Express;
* problem-solving skills;
* oral and written communication skills;
* basic computer skills;
* ability to work with individuals and groups;
* ability to work independently.
Must be enrolled in master’s degree program in counseling, education, social work, public administration or child development.
Freedom of Action:
Extensive communication should be expected between the supervisor and this position in order that the Graduate Assistant can obtain support in decision-making. If any problems arise, the Graduate Assistant will seek the supervisor’s assistance in handling difficult situations. The Graduate Assistant will work as a member of a highly functioning team.
* Student Health Insurance
* Tuition Waivers
If you meet the stated requirements and would like to be considered for the position, submit all of the following information:
* A cover letter;
* Letter of acceptance in a graduate program, and;
* Three references (including address, e-mail, phone and fax numbers).
* All application material, must be in electronic submissions in Word format.
* Send to [email protected]
For inquiries, call:
Kim Suder, Human Resources Director
West Virginia University Extension Service
P.O. Box 6031 Morgantown, WV 26506-6031
Phone: 304/293-4555; (Fax): 304/293-4565
It is the policy of West Virginia University that a graduate student may not hold more than one graduate assistantship at a time. Thus, if you are a candidate for another WVU assistantship, you will be permitted to hold only one. It is also understood that you will be enrolled for at least 9 (nine) hours of graduate study for each semester of this appointment.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for fulfilling the legal and moral mandates of appropriate laws and University policies regarding civil rights compliance, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and related social justice issues.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants will be considered solely on the basis of individual qualifications and merit without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital or family status. Minorities, persons with disabilities, females and other protected class members are encouraged to apply.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants needing reasonable accommodations during the employment process should advise as necessary.