The University of Melbourne is offering scholarships approximately 20 Graduate Research Access Scholarships. The scholarships are available to graduate research students who are of Indigenous Australian descent and/or who experience compassionate or compelling circumstances.
As Australia’s leading university in the world’s most livable city, it’s only fitting that we offer a world-class educational model – the first of its kind in Australia. We call it the Melbourne Model.
User Review( votes)
Flexible and focused, the Melbourne Model is a globally competitive curriculum that combines broad undergraduate studies with a professional specialization at the graduate level.
- Application deadline: October 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to graduates.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in all disciplines of academic study.
- Scholarship Award: Living allowance of $30,000 per year pro rata (2018 full-time study rate) for up to 2 years for students undertaking a Master by research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a Doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave. Relocation grant of $2,000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3,000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Nationality: Students from New Zealand and New Zealand are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Students from New Zealand and New Zealand are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen
- be of Indigenous Australia descent and/or be experiencing compassionate or compelling circumstances (e.g. illness, a disability, careers responsibilities or personal hardship);
- have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne, or
- be currently enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne
- not have already completed a research qualification at the same or higher level as the course for which a scholarship is sought,
- Intend to study as prevent you from undertaking full-time study.
You must submit an online Graduate Research Access Scholarship application.