The University of Auckland is currently accepting applications to commence undergraduate study in New Zealand. This scholarship is available to the final year of New Zealand secondary school students only.
The grant is awarded to students, who have the excellent academic achievement and demonstrated leadership potential.
User Review( votes)
The University of Auckland is also the highest ranked university in New Zealand for its global reputation amongst both academics and employers.
- Application Deadline: August 22, 2018
- Course Level: award is available for undergraduate students.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships valued at $20,000 comprising a guaranteed funded place in University of Auckland catered accommodation and two lump sum payments.
- Nationality: The grant is available to New Zealand students only.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: The grant is available to New Zealand students only.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Assessment criteria include:
- The number of Excellence credits you attained at NCEA Level 2 or 3 last year, or your CIE average from last year, or your predicted score for IB for this year.
- Whether you competed in the finals of academic, sporting or art competitions.
- Whether you held senior leadership positions at the school.
- If you have been awarded a community-based honour.
- If you have been selected by an outside agency or trust to attend leadership training or personal development programme
- If you have provided academic mentoring to other students
The University of Auckland is committed to providing a safe, inclusive and equitable study environment for all students who have the potential to succeed in a university of high international standing.
The Top Achiever Scholarship acknowledges that some talented students may face barriers to entry and takes into account if you:
- Are the first in your family to attend university;
- Are from a refugee background; or
- Have a disability
The University also has a rigorous process for reviewing all applications and ensuring scholarship recipients are drawn from secondary schools across New Zealand.
How to Apply:
- Ready to apply? Download a copy of the regulations and check that you are eligible before you start your application.
- When you are ready, click on the blue “Apply here” button on the University of Auckland Top Achiever application page and complete the online application form.
- Remember, applications close at 5 pm on 22 August.